"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Nuvo Tonic Mousse Fall Leaves

I have one more fall card for you before moving to Holiday cards.  I usually start those around December 1st!  So, until then, I have another beautiful fall card for you in which I used the Nuvo Tonic Mousse to create some metallic leaves.  These cards just made me so happy!  I loved this product - as a matter of fact, I have loved every single product that I have tried from the Nuvo Tonic line.  They are honestly incredible!

Fall Leaves created with Nuvo Tonic Mousse

I will admit that the week was a difficult one for me physically due to health issues.  I believe it is reflected a bit in the making of the card (my hands were not doing well) and in my voice over so I do apologize for that.  But, as I always say to push me through - "It is what it is and everything always works out".  So, I'm very hopeful to start feeling better and to have some additional posts and videos up for you soon.  Yay!


To make these cards I started with two card bases out of card stock from Stampin' Up and Simon Says Stamp.  I took the wonderful leaf stencil (purchased on eBay for very cheap!) and added that to some white Simon Says Stamp card stock and taped it down with my painters tape.  I added the Nuvo Mousse in Cosmic Brown and Lemon Sorbet to create the two fall colors that I was going for.  I immediately cleaned the stencil and my tools (they cleaned very easy with soap and water) and allowed the leaves to dry overnight.  I cut out the sets of leaves and separated them for two cards.

For the first, I used a fall stamp set (I'm sorry I do not know the name of the stamp set nor the manufacturer - I got it on eBay 😳) that had beautiful handwritten type sentiments with "thanks" and fall related words.  I used the Hero Arts vintage ombre' ink pad to give me a metallic rust type look.  On the other card, I used the Lawn Fawn scripted sentiments and one strip of the Hero Arts vintage ombre' pad to create a sentiment across the bottom of the card.  I also added some Studio Calico metallic pearls I had in my stash that matched perfectly.  These cards came together beautifully and I cannot wait to use more of these Nuvo products!

Products used for the Nuvo Tonic Mousse Leaves cards
Thankful for Fall - and these products!!!
I hope you enjoy another fall card before we jump into the holiday season.  Have a fantastic day!  Jude  :-)
_______________________________________
Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
_______________________________________
LINKS:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment