"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Friday, November 11, 2016

Proud to be an American

Happy Veterans Day!  Thank you to all of those who are our Veterans today and who have ever been a Veteran for this country.  It is because of YOU that we are able to have our freedoms and I, for one, do not take that lightly.  No matter how you feel about the recent election there is one thing that we should all agree on:


I made a couple of little cards today to commemorate Veteran's Day.  I used my Simon Says Stamp kit from August.  I had not had a chance to use this awesome kit as I was really sick when it came in, so I was super excited to be able to use it today.  I used some of the red card stock included in the kit and cut it in half and made two A2 sized cards.  I then used my Zig Clean Color Real brush markers to color some generic white card stock and used the star die in my die cutting machine to create that great shape.  I also used patterned paper from the kit and a tag die from the MFT blueprints 24 to cut a tag and include it on the first card.  I used the stamp set included with the kit as well as the Tim Holtz distress inks also included to create sentiments for both of the cards.  I also used my white nuvo crystal drops to accent the first card with simple little dots as well.  I stamped the solid stars with the Memento brilliance gold dew drop ink to give it a little pop.  On the second card, I used the stamp set and white pigment ink to create stars for the background.  They are simple cards but were perfect for what I wanted for today - to show that I am PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN always.

Veterans Day Cards - Proud to be an American!

Simon Says Stamp August Monthly Kit

The monthly kits are awesome values for what you get and, for someone just starting out in card making, they are incredible stash builders.  They have helped me get so many things that I have needed/wanted that are basics for a much better price.  They do sell out fast though, so if you want them, I would suggest just getting on the monthly list.

Hope you have an awesome day!  Jude  :-)

__________________
Links:
If you want to join the Simon Says Stamp monthly subscription kit service - click HERE!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment