"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Monday, November 21, 2016

Unity Stamp Company aka "Power of Positive Thinking"!!!

I have a confession:  I have a thing for Unity Stamp Company stamps!  It's true.  I really love everything about them!  And, to be honest, I didn't think I would like them so much originally.  You see, I really like clear stamps and had never really experienced red rubber stamps so I just assumed I wouldn't like anything but clear.  Additionally, I wasn't a "coloring" girl because of my hands and arms issues since the two strokes - it honestly just hurt to much.  But, I had to push myself for art therapy and my rehabilitation and so I looked into Unity Stamps just because I needed some more things to color besides the few coloring books that I had!  I saw them on Instagram and I liked their style so I hesitantly decided to give it a go (I'm stubborn like that!!!)  However, the minute I actually stamped them I was hooked!  They are such amazing quality and the red rubber is so detailed that it is incredible to stamp - I truly love them - a total fan girl experience!

Colored in with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers and
added Glossy Accents to a couple of bowls.

Add to that the ability to color them in with a multitude of mediums and you just made me a happy little camper.  I can use alcohol markers, colored pencils, distress inks, distress crayons, heat embossing, watercolors, zigs, etc.  I could go on and on!  It is helping my art therapy along greatly as well.  Additionally, I love that I can stamp an entire sheet of images and then bring them to bed with me (where I am 80% of the time unfortunately) and color them when I feel well enough (remember my video of watercoloring in bed?!!!).  So, it's a total win-win all around!

Colored in with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers

So, that said, these are a few cards that I made recently using Unity Stamp Company stamps.  I'm sure Unity will be a regular feature here on the blog as I truly love the quality as well as how much it is helping my hands and arms - Yay!!!  Additionally, they have so many fantastic and uplifting sentiments and images it is like going to a full on positive thinking seminar when you sit down and read through the web site - I love that!!!!

Created a mini card and colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers
and then "watercolored" with Wink of Stella clear.
Added Tonic Nuvo Crystal drops in Purple Rain, Silver Moon Dust, & Ebony.

Stamped with black ink and colored with Spectrum Noir Aqua Pencils
(Oh, and I've never had to say this to anyone ever!!!)
Hope you enjoy and have an awesome day!  Jude  :-)

PS  I forgot to mention that they also have hilarious sentiment stamps for those days when you just need a laugh to make you forget about anything negative going on in your life (told ya it was full on positivity!!!!) - AND, they even have a PG13 section for those days when you need an adult laugh because it's been an extra challenging type of day!!!  Ha ha ha  (Not that I have ever visited that section before - ever 😲!)

____________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
____________________________
LINKS:

For information on Unity Stamp Company - Click HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment