"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Saturday, November 19, 2016

I Love You - A Bushel and a Peck

I love that song!  My Mom used to sing it to me when I was little and I would sing it to the kids when they were little.  So, you can imagine how stoked I was when I saw this stamp set released by Lawn Fawn!!!  Excited was an understatement!!!  I couldn't wait to make a card and get it out in the mail to my Mom.  Of course, it took me a while but I still got it out there!  Now I just have to make four more for the kids!  I actually made two originally - one is a more generic one to use as a thankful card because I was just so excited that I actually figured out the best way to use my Avery Elle word dies correctly!  Here's to learning new things!
Lawn Fawn Apple Cards

I started with a piece of Stampin' Up paper and cut it in half to make two A2 sized cards.  I then cut the one card with the Avery Elle word die using the word "Thanks" and backed it with the Stampin' Up Serene Scenery patterned paper pack (I love that pack!).  I used my mini Misti to stamp the apple stamps so that I would get a nice solid impression with my Memento Tuxedo black ink.  I then created a mask out of paper so that I could stamp some other apples into the foreground.  For the other card I just stamped the apples onto a piece of Simon Says Stamp white card stock and then used the dies to cut that out.  I colored all of the apples in with an assortment of my Spectrum Noir alcohol ink markers (I have the colors below) to create some shading.  I attached the colored apples onto the cards with my tape runner as well as with some fun foam to add some dimension.  I then used the same black ink to stamp the sentiments on the front of the cards as I felt the card was colorful enough already!  On the first card I added the "Thankful" word from a pack of stickers I got in a recent Scarlet Lime Planner Society kit - that kit has been super useful for me this time for cards more than planning!!!


Supplies for Apple card

I hope you enjoy these cute little cards.  I know I did!  I couldn't get that song out of my head for a week - and now it's running through my head again!  I don't mind because a lot of my memories were wiped when I had the strokes (bummer) so it is nice to have some memories!  For some reason songs bring back tons of memories for me so I am good with that!

You guys have an awesome day - and eat an apple!!!  Ha ha!

Jude  :-)

Spectrum Noir markers used - DR2, CR7, LG5, LG3, CG3, CT4, CT2, FS1, EB6, EB2, GB10
_________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
_________________________________
LINKS:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
Scarlet Lime Planner Society Kit - Click HERE!


2 comments:

  1. Such wonderful cards, the coloring is amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I truly appreciate that. 😊

      Delete