"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Friday, November 4, 2016

Watercolor in Bed!!!

Yep, you heard that right - you can watercolor when you are in bed!  At least I have figured out a way to do it!!!  As you know, I am often sick in bed (80% of the time unfortunately) and unable to get out or even get into my craft room to work.  I have been working diligently on my talking and my arm/hand therapy and I didn't want it to stop when I am stuck in bed.  Well, I can out talk anyone (even with my stutter) - so I am good at practicing that in bed (my dogs wonder why I am talking to them all the time!!!!), but I needed to figure out a way to work on the art therapy.


That is where this haul came into play.  These are watercolor items that already have the heat resist on them so I don't have to sit down and do them myself - woop woop!!!  They are also coloring books and postcards that I can watercolor and then use later if I want for cards.  I can't actually watercolor in the regular coloring books for adults - and I cannot get my hands to work well for straight coloring longer than 10 minutes.  For some reason they work better (I think it is the loser grip) for watercoloring.  It still is a big struggle - but I am working through it and getting better (not better quality, but better health wise) daily!



Hope you enjoy the items and maybe you can color in bed too!!!  Have a great one and I appreciate you being here.  Jude  :-)

Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment