"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Life Is Tough But So Are You!!! Collaboration with April from FortheLoveofCrafts!

Hey - I have a very special post coming your way!  It is a collaboration with my good friend April from FortheLoveofCrafts!  We both did a video with three cards made using the Ellen Hutson Courage stamp and die set in support of breast cancer.  This is such a versatile set that can be used for so many different types of cancer awareness.  It can also be used for other things like stroke awareness, autism awareness, and for so many other things!  I love that about this set.  Additionally, you can use the sentiments for any type of card and the flowers as well.  I wanted to collaborate with April because she is such a sweet and wonderful person.  She is also a chronic pain sufferer (for other reasons besides a stroke) which we have bonded over.  There is just a kinship when someone goes through the type of thing that is similar to you.  She is an incredible crafter and I think you will totally enjoy her channel so please take a moment to check her out!  I hope you enjoy the video and the cards that we made.

For the first card, I made an Autism Awareness card. I started with a puzzle die (it happens to be star - but that is all I had that made puzzle shapes!) and cut it out of different colors of card stock to get the look I was going for.  I then used the featured stamp set and die to cut out the awareness ribbon - using Glad Press-n-Seal to hold the pieces together until I could attach them to the card.  I stamped a sentiment from the set with the green Catherine Pooler ink I have in my stash and attached the autism ribbon with Stampin Up fine tip glue.  I then used the Nuvo mousse in cornflower blue to add a little shine to the sides of the card.  I wanted it to be subtle and match the card stock I was using (a blue from a previous Simon Says Stamp kit).  And, with that, the card was finished!

On the next card I wanted to make a Stroke Awareness Card for obvious reasons!  I started with the die from the Ellen Hutson set and cut it out of some Stampin Up red card stock.  I then used my Spectrum Noir markers to add some shading to make it look a little three dimensional.  I then stamped a butterfly awareness stamp that I have from Jessica Lynn Originals with Momento tuxedo black ink and colored that in with the alcohol markers as well.  The stroke awareness theme is also butterflies so I felt this was perfect!  I cut this out and attached both to an orange card base and used red ink from Catherine Pooler and then accented it with Rhubarb Crumble Tonic Nuvo drops.  I love how this card turned out!

For the final card I wanted to make a tulle shaker card.  I had never made one of those before and had seen one made by April as well as Jennifer McGuire and felt they were adorable!  So, I first stamped the flowers with various inks I had from Simon Says Stamp to give the subtle differences in the layering stamps.  I used the dies to cut those out as well as the MFT Blueprints 24 die to cut a piece of patterned paper I had left over from one of my Love From Lizi kits and a piece for the inside of the card to cover the tulle once I attached it to the card base.  I also used a Stampin Up circle die set to cut out the inside piece to prepare for the shaker and a border for the front of the card.   I cut the tool and added it with tape runner and then used Pretty Pink Posh sequins for the shaker bits.  I then sealed it shut with the tape runner and used the inside cut piece to make it look a bit prettier.  Finally, I added the border and the cut flowers to the front of the card as well as one of the sentiments from the Ellen Hutson stamp set.  Boom, all finished and shaking nicely!

I hope you enjoyed this collaboration and I thank you all for visiting.  If you are visiting for the first time from April's channel, welcome and I am so glad you are here!  Have a wonderful day everyone!  Jude  :-)

April's Channel - Click HERE!!!
_________________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
_________________________________________
Links:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!
For more information on the Love from Lizi kit - click HERE!
_________________________________________
Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment