"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

My Favorite Things "Kind Thanks" Library Cards

I made these two recent cards for two special ladies in my life - my Mom and Mother-in-Law.  I had these library cards from a Reset Girl pack and thought a cute way to use them would be on a card maybe listing the things you are grateful for or love about someone.  However, I have horrible handwriting now that I have had the strokes so I didn't think that would make for a very pretty card!  What better way to remedy that than with My Favorite Things?!  They have this wonderful stamp set called "Kind Thanks" and it has the most perfect sentiments on it.  It is like it reached right into my heart and pulled out exactly the kinds of things I would want to say to these two wonderful women.
My Favorite Things "Kind Thanks" Library Cards
Not only are they great mothers, but they are also great friends.  They have helped me so much through all of my struggles since the two strokes and have made me feel so loved and special despite my disabilities and changes since that time.  They continue to encourage me and root for me through every battle and never judge the person I have become but rather make me feel confident despite the changes and in spite of the differences in how I am.  They also have encouraged my art therapy and speech therapy as well as any other challenge I have attempted to conquer.  They are my examples in life for everything good a mother should be and everything good a woman should be - but mostly for everything good a warrior should be.  I could never thank them enough and that is why these cards seemed to be the right fit.


I started with a piece of Simon Says Stamp cardstock I got from their 100# set of 25 in an appropriate fall orange color.  I then used the library cards from the Reset Girl pack and added some patterned paper from the Stampin' Up Serene Scenery card pack in muted hay colors for a nice background.  I cut those down and added them to my card panel.  I stamped the large "Thanks" onto the base of the library cards in Avery Elle papaya ink for a nice pop of color and then stamped five of the awesome sentiments from the stamp set onto the actual library card using my mini MISTI stamper, as I knew I was making two cards and I also knew that it would be easier if I didn't get a clear stamp the first time.  I used Memento tuxedo black ink for these stamps.  Finally, I finished off the clean and simple cards with some Hero Arts orange and brown gems I had in my stash.  Very simple, but very appropriate for these special ladies.
Library Card Supplies Used


If there is someone in your life that you are thankful for - tell them TODAY!  Don't wait!  Have an awesome day!  Jude  :-)
_________________
Links:
Stampin' Up available by clicking here.
Other links:


No comments:

Post a Comment