"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Monday, December 5, 2016

Treat Tags - A Small Little Gift

I wanted to make up some "Treat Tags" for my Mother and Mother-in-Law as they do so much baking over the holidays and are so generous with their goodies that I thought it would be nice if they had some little tags to add to their treats indicating "A Special Treat from Grammy" or "A Special Treat from Gramma"!  It was just a small little gesture compared to the huge gesture they do for all of the people in their lives of spending their time baking and packing up their special goodies for all to enjoy.  I love that about both of them - they are so generous and giving - two extremely wonderful ladies who I admire greatly.
Treat tags all packaged up and ready to go!


I started with some red, green and white card stock from Stampin' Up.  I then used the Lawn Fawn Just For You stamps and dies for the sentiments and little elements (wisk, fork, knife, spatula - so adorable!!!) as well as a set of Sizzix tag dies that I had in my stash in circle and rectangle elements.  I loved the fact that the sentiments included "For You" as well as "From the Kitchen of"!!!  So cute!  I then cut all of these out on my We R Memory Keepers Evolution die cutting machine and stamped them using Stampin' Up Real Red and Emerald Envy inks as well as Memento Tuxedo Black for the items I wanted to color.  I colored the items in with my Spectrum Noir alcohol ink markers.  I left a spot on the tags from the ladies to put their names (whether it is from Mom, Gramma, Grammy, or their name depends on who it going to - I left that up to them).  I also cut some additional tag elements with hearts to add to the little tags to give it some pizzaz!  Finally, I used some Stampin' Up twine that had some gold thread running through it to tie on the tags so that they can attach these easily to their packages.

Treat tags and Craft tag separated out a bit so you can see the different ones

In order to package these up nicely for my Mom and Mum, I created another tag using the Lawn Fawn circle tags and cut a piece of the red card stock I had left.  I then stamped with Tim Holtz Clear Ink the Lawn Fawn Just For You stamps indicating "From the Craft Room of" this time along with some scissors and a pen as well as some snowflakes from a Simon Says Stamp stamp set I got in this months card kit.  I added white embossing powder to the clear ink and then heat set it to set it.  I added my name in a white gel pen to match and then used the same twine to add the tag to the bag I had put the little tags in for each lady.  All ready to go!

Supplies for the outside tag "From the Craft Room of Jude"


Supplies for the Treat Tags for two special ladies in my life

Hope you enjoyed this video - sorry it was a bit jumpy as it took a long time for me to do these tags and I was hurting bad that day.  Thanks so much for being here and enjoy your day!  Jude  :-)

___________________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
___________________________________________
LINKS:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment