"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Fall Blessing - Color Throwdown Challenge

You are a blessing to me.  Yes - YOU!  It is the truth and I want you to know it!  It is also an absolutely perfect sentiment for a card, whether it be for fall or for everyday.  That is why I love this My Favorite Things stamp set so much.  I have so many ideas for this stamp set and today is just one of many.  I thought it would be a perfect set for the Color Throwdown Challenge.  The challenge this week #ctd418 includes colors I love - orange, rust, teal and copper.  Fall is my favorite time of year and these colors represent the beauty of the season perfectly!

YOU are a blessing in my life!!!

I started with a piece of Tim Holtz distress ink watercolor paper in the A2 card size as my base.  I then took a Dina Wakley 6X6 leaf template and used Wendy Vecchi embossing paste to give it some texture.  I let it dry and then used the orange, teal and rust colors on the backgroud to give it a beautiful fall color.  The Tim Holtz spiced marmalade, peacock feathers and rusty hinge distress inks were the perfect colors for this effect.  I also used the orange and rust on a scrap of the distress paper and created an ombre' effect for my sentiment piece.  After they dried, I cut the background piece with the My Favorite Things blueprints dies in #24 and added this to my Simon Says Stamp orange card stock cut down to a top folding A2 sized card with my tape runner. 


Color Throwdown Challenge #ctd418

I used the MFT Geometric Greenery stamp set I chose as the main focus with the Hero Arts vintage ombre' ink pad to pull in the copper colors as the last color for the challenge.  I stamped a piece of cardstock with the awesome leaves from this set in the copper and rust colors from the vintage ink pad and then used the fabulous sentiment from the set on the ombre' watercolor strip that I stamped with Fall Leaf quick drying chalk ink.  I attached the leaf cardstock strip with fun foam and then cut the sentiment strip into a banner and attached it with a tape runner.  Finally, I used the Kat Scrappiness Sea Coral sequin set and attached orange and teal sequins to add some sparkle!  Fun, fun, fun!


Supplies Used
Colors of Fall - orange, rust, teal, & copper

I love the colors on this card.  I'm so glad I decided to participate in this weeks Color Throwdown Challenge because the card turned out so fun and beautiful.  I cannot wait to send it out and celebrate fall!

Remember - you are a blessing to me!  Jude  :-)

________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
_______________
Links:
Sequins available at Kat Scrappiness by clicking HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment