"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

America the Great

I wanted to do a couple of cards today with a stamp set that I love from Stampin' Up.  I figured it was appropriate since it was Election Day.  No matter who you are voting for today we are privileged to be able to vote in America.  There are so many who have died to give us that right - and there are so many who only wish they had that right.  It is a blessing; this country is a blessing.  I just felt in my heart that needed to be expressed with all that has been put forth this election by both sides - no matter what the outcome, we still live in a country that was hard fought to be here for us and it is a great country.

For Your Country by Stampin' Up

I made two A2 sized cards out of some generic kraft card stock that I had in my stash.  I then used a watercolor pad that I got in a My Favorite Things card kit and heat embossed the images from the Stampin' Up For Your Country stamp set with clear Hero Arts embossing powder.  I then used a water brush and wet the paper and used the Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers in light green, ochre, dark oatmeal, mid green, and beige to messy watercolor the images.  I cut two of the images into squares and rubbed the Brilliance galaxy gold dew drop ink pad along the sides to give it a rough edge; the other image was cut around the image.  I also inked another image from the stamp set with Memento ink in Bamboo Leaves.  I used paper piecing for the fronts of the cards and a burlap piece as well.  The sentiments from the cards were stamped on the paper pieces in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Finally, I used gold generic glitter glue on one card for accent.  Hope you enjoy.
Supplies Used


Be blessed.  Jude  :-)

PS  I had a little friend with me in the craft room today so I took her picture - this is Kasey, aka "Chunk"!  Isn't she beautiful?!!!

My Sweet Chunker Girl
_________________
Links:
Stampin' Up - Click Here.
Other Links:




No comments:

Post a Comment