"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Give Thanks

I don't like mice in real life - I mean I don't have anything against them personally but I don't want to come across them and have a conversation or anything!!!  But, on a card - yep, super cute!  Thus, this little "Give Thanks" card I made with the Lawn Fawn Thankful Mice set.  It features two super cute mice and a piece of cheese (appropriate!) as well as some super cute little Pilgrim hats!  Adorbs!!!
Give Thanks with a grateful heart :-)
I used the Lawn Fawn 4-Bar wood grain card base in brown as the base and cut out a circle with the Lawn Fawn large stitched circle die set.  I then stamped the little critters and their cheese on a separate piece of white Simon Says Stamp card stock scrap that I had and colored them in with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  I have listed the markers I used below.  I noticed that I had some stickers from my Scarlet Lime Planner Society monthly kit that matched perfectly so I used those around the circle after I had stamped the sentiment in Tim Holtz distress ink in Walnut Stain.  I did have to cut the stamp itself in half to get it to fit into the circle, but I don't mind that as I can always just put it back together exactly as it came on my stamp block for future use.  This way I have more uses out of it!  I used those stickers for arrows pointing into the card and then stamped the inside with Tim Holtz distress ink in Peeled Paint and a sentiment from my My Favorite Things Geometric Greenery set that I felt was just perfect for this sweet little card.  It just made me so happy!!!!  Finally, I added one more little sticker from the sticker set on the inside to complete the card.

Inside - Love what it says!!!

This is my little way of giving thanks to the recipient in a very simple but sweet way.  I just love this card.  Hope you enjoy it too.  You have an awesome day and remember that I appreciate YOU too!  Jude  :-)

Spectrum Noir Alcohol Inks Used:  OR1, OR2, CG4, CG3, CG1, FL3, TN7, TN3, GB7, GB3, BT3, BT1, LV1, LV3.
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers Used

_______________
Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
_______________
Links:
Scarlet Lime Planner Society - Click HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment