"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Friday, November 25, 2016

Smile!!!

Yep - just as simple as that.  Smile!  That is what you have to do many times no matter what is going on around you - smile through it.  That is what I do often; I smile through the pain and other issues I have.  Oh, I'll be honest, I'm grumpy a lot too (no one is perfect)!!!  But, it all comes down to trying to be positive and working through it.  That's what I was thinking when I made this card.  I was hurting really bad but I loved the way it turned out.  I loved the fall leaves and fall is my favorite time of year.  I also loved the very simple sentiment - just "smile".  So, instead of sending it out to someone, I decided to give it to my husband for Thanksgiving to let him know that I was thankful for him and that he makes me smile no matter what.  By the way, that way I get to keep the card around to look at (no hidden motivation or anything!).  😊

Smile fall leaves
I started with some orange card stock from Stampin' Up and added a little bit of green card stock from Simon Says Stamp that I cut with the dies that came with my We R' Memory Keepers Evolution die cutting machine.  I added that to the card with some foam tape for added dimension.  I had cut the Hero Arts dimensional leaf die out of white card stock twice on the fold so I would have a full leaf and used Tim Holtz distress stain in tarnished brass and antiqued bronze to paint the leaves.  I let them dry overnight and they just turned out so fun!!!  I then attached them to the card at angles with a bit of tape runner and simply added the sentiment "Smile" from an older Lawn Fawn stamp set that I had in Tim Holtz walnut stain distress ink.  Done, and done!



This card made me smile (and, then made my husband smile when I gave it to him) which is the purpose of cards in the first place.  And, believe me, after this week, I truly needed some smiles!!! 😷

Supplies used for the Smile leaves card

Hope you enjoyed and that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Remember -- just Smile!

Jude  :-)

________________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
________________________________________
 LINKS:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment