"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Friday, May 26, 2017

Stashback Friday (4) - My Favorite Things Slider Card

Hey - it's Jude again!  That was quick, huh?!!!!  I have two cards coming your way that are totally different than what I am used to making.  They are kind of art deco type looking and don't really involve much ink or coloring or any of that stuff - just a lot of die cutting and fun!  For today's Stashback Friday, I  was inspired by my friend April and our little "crafty friend" type challenge that we have going back and forth.  We will be doing a collab video soon and also releasing our little list of things that we are working on in case anyone wants to join in with us!!!  More or less, it is just a bit of inspiration back and forth to each other to push us out of our health issues and into our craft room.  We both are chronic pain sufferers and have a multitude of medical issues and we thought it would be fun to encourage each other to do a different project once a week as a little push per se.  Again, we will be bringing more information to you soon when we do our collaboration.  Fun!

Today's cards were made with me "flashing back" to a My Favorite Things kit that I had never had the opportunity to use, but I bought because it just looked so fun!  It was the Jungle Friends kit and it is sold out, but all of the items are available individually still.  The goal of "Stashback Friday" is to grab something from my stash and use it rather than something new.  The hope is it encourages me to use things that I have and not feel that I have to have every new thing that is coming out!  I don't know how well it is working!  Haha  I still feel the need to have all the new things - but I am better about buying things.

I started with the card stock in the kit and picked blue because I wanted a sky background for both of these cards.  I then used the patterned paper that came in the kit and cut the various animals and plants as well as the landscape and water from those papers.  I also used the flat cloud die from Simon Says Stamp to add some cloud details to these cards.

Next, I used the slider dies to cut the slider channels out of the two pieces where I wanted to add my sliders.  I then added all of my foam tape to the two pieces that were going to house the little slider animals.  I used the Stampin' Up foam strips which I cannot live without!!!!  They are so convenient and wonderful.  I added the slider disc to the circle pieces and then sandwiched them between the card stock that was to hold the slider animal and then added more adhesive to include the animal to the top.  I love the slider discs that came in the kit, but you can always use a penny to do this as well.

I then decided that I needed a bit more color to my pieces.  I used distress ink in China Blue and Mowed Lawn and a ink blending brush to add some depth around the edges of my sky and grass.  I then took my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and colored in the edges of all the animals to give them a bit of a shadow and then colored the ears of the elephants a bit darker and the tops of the grass a bit darker as well.  I don't know how much of a difference it made, but it seemed to look better to me.

Finally, I put everything together!  I added the clouds first, then added the grass and water which were foam mounted onto the bottoms of the cards.  I made sure that the little sliders worked and they did, so then I added the two sentiments which were perfect for these cards!  The Go Wild one is for some great kids who are excited about summer and the Best Friends are There When Things are Scary one is for a great friend who has been with me through thick and thin (literally in my case!!!)



I hope you enjoyed this Stashback Friday and I encourage you to grab something from your stash and use it this weekend.  Also, April and I encourage you to reach out to a crafty friend and encourage them and just give some words of encouragement.  We are excited to bring our collaboration to you guys soon.  As always, you are the best of the best!  Jude  :-)
_______________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
_______________________________________
Links:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!
For more information on the My Favorite Things monthly kit, click HERE!
_______________________________________
Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment