"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Leaves of Thanks

These two cards didn't start out as cards.  They started as a coloring page in my fall coloring book and I colored them for the 30 Day Coloring Challenge.  And, since I'm very much still in Thankful Mode and not yet into Christmas Mode - I thought this little piece would make a pretty card.  So, I cut it in half and made two little "thanks" cards that can be used for Thanksgiving or afterwards as a Thank You during the fall season.  I think they turned out pretty fun and they have a good fall vibe going.

Leaves of Thanks

As I mentioned, I took the coloring page and cut it in half.  I then fuzzy cut along the circle of leaves and used my tape runner to attach it to card bases I made from Simon Says Stamp card stock.  I then used glossy accents on one card and accented each leaf to make it stand out.  On the other card I used the Zig Wink of Stella to give the leaves a little bit of shimmer and then stamped a sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp Apple of my Pie stamp set onto another color card stock and cut that into a banner and added some gold foil card stock for some bling.  I added a wood accent from my stash on both cards to give them the fall woodsy vibe I was going for.  Very simple and sweet - but still beautiful and sparkly! 

Added Glossy Accents to make the leaves shine!

Added Wink of Stella for sparkle and some banners for a sentiment.

I love how you are able to take one thing - namely, the coloring book page I am doing for the coloring challenge and for the art therapy for my hands - and turn it into something else - a couple of fun cards!  Makes me happy!!!!

Supplies for Leaves of Thanks cards

Have a great day and a happy Thanksgiving!  I am thankful for you!  Jude  :-)

PS  I sometimes like to throw in an added bonus of a doggy picture to just make you happy!  This time I came out of my craft room and went to "my chair" and this is what I found!!!  "You didn't want your chair back or anything did ya, Mom?"

It's my chair now Mom!!!
________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
________________________________
LINKS:


No comments:

Post a Comment