"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Thankful Branch

So, here is another card with the fall colors and the "Thanks" theme (sorry if you're tired of that!!!!).  I just can't get into the Christmas mode like everyone else yet - I think I will have to wait until after the actual Thanksgiving day to do my Christmas cards!!!  For now, as I said, it's all about being thankful!  That's a good thing though - we should be thankful always for everything.

I made this little card with a prepackaged A2 white card base from Simon Says Stamp.  I also used some wood grain Tim Holtz card stock from a previous Simon Says Stamp card kit.  I took some Tim Holtz distress watercolor paper and added the Memory Box branch stencil I got in the same kit and then sprayed the paper with Tim Holtz distress stain in mowed lawn, old paper, and frayed burlap.  I removed the stencil immediately and cleaned it.  I allowed it to dry and die cut it with the My Favorite Things rectangle die from the Blueprints 24 set, then attached it to the card along with the wood grain sheet at different angles with my tape runner.  I then used another piece of white card stock and I heat embossed various leaves from the Simon Says Stamp Apple of my Pie stamp set onto the cards with white embossing powder and then ink blended shabby shutters ink so that the white would stand out.  I stamped the "thankful" word from a My Favorite Things older stamp set with walnut stain distress ink to keep with the worn look.  I then added some gold leaves that I found on clearance at Tuesday Morning just to add a little sparkle.  Got to love the clearance section!

Thankful Branch card

All in all it turned out to be a card that I was thankful for and I really enjoyed making it.  I loved the end result and cannot wait to send it to someone I'm thankful for - there are a LOT of people who fall into that category!

Supplies for Thankful card

Thanks so much for stopping by and participating in my art therapy - you have an awesome day!  Jude  :-)

PS  As an added bonus I have a little buddy who joined me in the craft room today (well, every day but today I got a picture!).  Card making is hard on little Cooper - he was exhausted!!!!
Crafty Cooper
________________________________
Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
________________________________
LINKS:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment