"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Care Bears Cards - Because Caring is Kindness!!!

I had so much fun creating these little cards today!  They made me so incredibly happy to create - you have no idea!!!!  As soon as I saw the Lawn Fawn You're Claw-some set, I knew I had to make a Care Bears card because the little individual bears reminded me of those guys!  And, the best part is it brought back a memory for me which made me over the moon happy (I have issues with my memory, as you all know, from the strokes).  The memory was of a picture of my wonderful little brother (who is in his 30s now!!!) and he had a Care Bear and an ET doll and was feeding them vanilla wafers!!!!  It was just so adorable and I was so happy to remember it because of this!!!

So, I started with the Lawn Fawn You're Claw-some set and stamped the little bears in Memento Tuxedo black ink because I knew I would be coloring them with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  I looked through my Lawn Fawn stash and found all the sets that I had that had little images in them.  I couldn't find the exact images that the Care Bears used to have on their bellys so I improvised and made some original Care Bears as well as some new fun Pizza Bear and Coffee Bear!!!  I used the Plan On It set, the Ready Set Snow set, Fintastic Friends set, Love You A Latte set, and the Just For You set - all from Lawn Fawn!  As noted, I colored them in with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and then used the dies from You're Claw-some to cut them out.

Next, I took the card base panel and used the MFT Cloud stencil as well as my mini brushes (they are so much better on my hands than using foam brushes - just an issue that I have with my hands - but you might like the look better so maybe try them out!!!) and colored that in with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry, and Shaded Lilac.  I let that dry and then cut the border with the WPlus9 Sunshine Layers die.  I added this to my Simon Says Stamp card base in pink and then used my Fiskars Teresa Collins heart punch to cut out some hearts to make into balloons.  I added them with dimensional tape and then colored them in with Wink of Stella clear to make them shine!  I used a black gel pen to add the balloon strings and then added the individual Care Bears to finalize this card!  I also added a sentiment from the Sugar Pea Designs Caring Critters stamp set because the Care Bears were all about hugs and I thought it was perfect!

I made a bonus card by using the Lawn Fawn Watercolor Wishes paper and some of my MFT Blueprints 24 dies to cut out a panel as well as a glitter yellow panel to put behind it.  I then used the Avery Elle Falling Snow die because I thought it looked like stars or flowers!  The glitter paper shined through the back once I attached these to my orange Stampin' Up card base.  I added some little tag elements that I cut out on Stampin' Up pink paper with my new Gemini machine and the dies that came with it (review coming soon) and then added the sentiment from that same Sugar Pea Designs set as well as the little adorable Care Bears!  I, of course, added Wink of Stella to their tummies for some sparkle!

I hope you enjoyed these cards as much as I enjoyed making them!  It just made me so incredibly happy to make these and to have that memory of my brother!  Have an awesome day!  Jude  :-)

PS  I added some cute pics of my little Craft Room Helpers (my doggies!!!)




____________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
____________________________________
Links:
***NOTE - the new Stampin' Up Annual Catalog has come out!  Fun, fun, fun!!!  Click on the link if you would like to order anything new!

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!
____________________________________
Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment