"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Beautiful Canvases

I did a little something different for the blog today.  I made these two canvases (yes, I had to look up the plural of canvas 😲) using pearlescent watercolors and I loved how they turned out!  They are watercolor resist canvases so they are super easy to work with.  I first heard about them when I discovered the Cosmo Cricket watercolor resist range when looking for things to work on when I am too sick to get out of bed and work in my craft room (unfortunately this happens a lot).  They have a multitude of products in this range including the canvases, cardstock, journals, cards, 12X12 paper, 6X6 paper and more!  I just love all of the products!  They are easy for me to work with through my disabilities and my art therapy and also help me to practice my watercolor techniques while still creating pretty results.  In essence, they make you more of an artist than you really are!!!  You have got to love that!

BeYOUtiful canvas by Cosmo Cricket - watercolor resist technique

So, I did the first canvas with the Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry Colors palette which is an assortment of pearl-tinted pigment paint that is water based and produces beautiful gold, champagne and pearl colors.  I wet the canvas and then wet the colors I wanted to use and proceeded to color the canvas and the watercolor resist.  Obviously, the resist portions resisted the watercolor and created the "BeYOUtiful" word!  I then added the Tonic Nuvo drops in Limoncello, Morning Dew, Buttermilk and Almond Gloss to give it a little bit of pizzaz!  These Tonic products are my other obsession lately so I was able to use my two current favorite products in one project - Fun!  This is the perfect gift for the person I made it for who happens to be one of the most beautiful people I know - inside and out.

Close up of the beautiful Zig Kuretake Gansei Tambi pearl paint

For the second canvas I used the Yasutomo pearlescent watercolor paint to create some fun colors but with a bit of shine.  These are not glitter paints, but rather paints with a bit of shimmer to them - simply gorgeous!  First, I wet the canvas to reveal the resist saying "Do More of What Makes You Happy" (this happens to be one word off of my favorite phrase - Do What Makes You Happy) and then wet the paint colors I planned on using with my Tim Holtz distress sprayer.  I just brushed the paints on until I got the color I was looking for and then I added a splatter effect by using those same colors and putting them on my stamping block and splashing them onto the canvas.  It turned out exactly as I wanted it and, to be honest, I might keep this one and hang it in my craft room!

Watercolor resist technique with Yasutomo pearlescent paint

Close up of the splatter
So, that was it!  If you want to try something that makes you look a bit more artistic and talented, I would say to try these Cosmo Cricket watercolor resist products!  They still are helpful to learn techniques as well as for my art therapy, but they turn into the most wonderful projects in the end!  I think you will love them!

Hope you enjoyed!  Jude

__________________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
__________________________________________
LINKS:
PS  I added a couple of the items that I do when I am sick in bed by the Cosmo Cricket brand in case you are interested - I love these things!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment