"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Coloring Cards - A Gift

I realized today that I needed a couple extra gifts either bought or made - so, I decided to make them!  I saw a post that Jennifer McGuire did recently on a way to do these types of cards as a gift so I thought I would give it a go.  They turned out so cute and I loved the personalized factor.  I even made sure that the back was generically personalized so that, once the card is colored and sent, the receiver knows how much time, love, and kindness that the person put into the card!  That is what giving cards is all about, right?  Spreading kindness.

Final sets all ready to go!
So, I started with some white card stock and two different stamp sets that I knew had open designs so that, once they are stamped, they can be colored in.  I made sure to use my Memento tuxedo black ink so that the person who colors it is able to use whatever medium they want for coloring.  I am sending some colored pencils along as well.  


All the stamping in the final set, including the back.

I used the Concord & 9th You're My Person stamp set and the Waffle Flower Doily Circle stamp set to create all of the cards.  I started with the Concord & 9th set and my mini MISTI.  I placed the flower where I wanted it to be on all of the cards and the proceeded to stamp about 10 of them.  I stamped all of them at least two times - some needed a bit more than others.  That MISTI saved my life!!!!  I love it!

Stamp sets used for the coloring cards gifts.

Next, I used the Waffle Flower Doily Circle clear stamp set and I set it off to the side a bit to give a little more edgy look to these cards.  I also added a banner at the bottom so the person sending it can put their name, a sentiment, whatever they want in it.  I again used the MISTI and did about 10 of these as well.  I actually had to stamp this one about three times each so I am just in Heaven over the MISTI tool!

I then took the small Technique Tuesday Random Act of Cardness mini stamp set as I wanted to personalize the back so that the eventual recipient would know that the person sending it put a lot of time and effort into it with their coloring!!!  I wanted it to be generic though so I thought this was the perfect set to use.  I used the envelope and a sentiment for the Concord & 9th cards and stamped them in Memento Paris blue ink for a slight variation.  On the Waffle Flower cards I used the happy face and a different sentiment to ensure there were variations between the two cards.

Close up of a final gift set ready to go!!!

I finally packaged them up with two of each type of card along with a pack of colored pencils and ribbon from Stampin' Up.  They turned out to be the cutest card sets and I hope they create lots of fun.  I can't wait to give them out!

I even made one for myself and started to color it and get it ready to go out the door!

Hope you enjoyed and I will see you soon for another post.  Happy Holidays!!!  Jude  :-)
_____________________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
_____________________________________________
LINKS:
Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment