"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Friday, December 9, 2016

Me and My Dragon Girl

I just had to get this sweet stamp the minute I saw it from Jessica Lynn Originals!!!  First of all, let me say that I will ALWAYS support her and her company because I like supporting small business.  But also, they have my pitbull stamp set that I love sooooo much!  I have honestly never found a pitbull set before so I was beyond excited when I found that stamp set created by and available exclusively through her site!  Additionally, they are working to have every single dog breed in a stamp set!  Isn't that just amazing?!!!  I know as a dog obsessed dog lover that it is difficult to find specific breeds in stamps so that is really incredible.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love any dog stamp set - I guess you could say I am slightly obsessed - but when a company is going out of their way to do all breeds AND includes pibbles - well, I am hers for life!!!!

The perfect card for my "Dragon Girl"
But, I digress - why am I talking about pitbull stamps when I have this beautiful dragon stamp to show you???  (Um, probably because I always talk about pitties - I answered my own question!)

This little set is amazing and beautiful and specially created by Jasmine Becket-Griffith for Jessica Lynn Originals and it is adorable!!!  I love dragons (always have since the days of my youth but most especially now that I am a Game of Thrones addict!)  But that is still not the reason I got this stamp.  When I saw it I knew it was mine because one of my daughters has a "dragon" - her own personal dragon - so you see how perfect this is for her!!!  She has a bearded dragon and she adores that little guy!  I like him as long as I don't have to touch him!  He is a cutie though!!!  So, as you can see, a perfect match was made between me and the dragon stamp!


I started out the card by first stamping the Faces of Faery 132 with Dragon set in Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored it in with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  I then used a piece of card stock from my recent Simon Says Stamp card kit and my My Favorite Things blueprint dies in #24 (my favorite die set for all the basics) to cut a background piece and mounted that with foam tape.  I also cut a little accent piece as I love plaid and stripes together.  I used my hole punch to poke a hole in the striped piece and put some Stampin' Up vanilla ribbon through the hole - PIZAZZ!  I also used a sentiment stamp from my recent Simon Says Stamp December card kit and a small die cut from my The Planner Society monthly kit.  My monthly kits come in handy in so many ways - not just for the intended uses!  So, that is my fun little card for my "dragon girl"!!!  Love it!!!!

And here is a picture of her bearded dragon - Alfie Lou  :-)
I can not wait to give it to her.  I'm going to be THAT person and go ahead and do it now because I'm too excited to wait until Christmas!!!

Hope you enjoyed!  Have an awesome day!  Jude  :-)

______________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
______________________________________
LINKS:
Jessica Lynn Originals main site - click HERE!
Jessica Lynn Originals Faces of Faery 132 with Dragon stamp set - click HERE!
Scarlet Lime Planner Society planner box - click HERE!

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment