"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Sending You Christmas Hedgehugs

I am trying to make a personalized card for each of my four kids.  You saw the one I made for the "dragon girl"!  I then made this one for my oldest who likes hedgehogs.  She thinks they are cute and was talking about them a lot so I thought what better way to put a smile on her face than "sending her a hedgehug"!!!  The card turned out super cute in my opinion and I just hope it makes her happy!!!

Sending Hedgehugs!!!
I started with some card stock left over from a previous card I was working on - I believe this is Stampin' Up paper.  I then took some kraft card stock and the Hero Arts fancy hedgehog die and cut it out of the paper.  It has two dies included - one to cut the outline and the actual hedgehog out and the other to make the cute little cuts that form the ears, nose, hands, and all the little fur spikes!  I just love it!!!!  I added some Tim Holtz Distress ink in Ground Espresso around the edges to give it a little definition and stand out from the card stock.  I took some additional Stampin' Up paper that I was using from a paper pad and just cut a strip of it for the side of the card as well as a strip of gold foil card stock from my November The Planner Society kit.  I love having all the paper left over that I can do so much with!!!  I added those strips to the side to give the card some life and then took the sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Hedgehugs mini stamp set because I just loved what it said!  I added that to the top of the card and then added a Christmas sentiment from the stamp set in my December Simon Says Stamp kit to make the card more of a Holiday card.  I also added some little star shaped snowflakes around the card and then added some gold Stickles to make it shine!  I used the Hero Arts Vintage Ombre' ink for the Hedgehug sentiment and the start shapes and the Tim Holtz Distress ink in Vintage Photo for the Holiday sentiment.  Done and done!  Loved this little card!


So absolutely adorable - I love this die so much!!


Hedgehog card supplies

I hope you enjoyed it too and that you have a happy day!  Jude  :-)

_______________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
_______________________________________
LINKS:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
For more information on the Scarlet Lime Planner Society - click HERE!
To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment