"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Tons of Love

So, as you know, I am making a personalized card for each of my four kids this year and then posting them because it makes me happy!  Hopefully it makes them happy too - haha!  I started with "My Dragon Girl" and next there was "Sending Hedgehugs" and now we are on to "Tons of Love".  This covers all three of my girls.  The elephant has always been "our" symbol for my youngest daughter and I.  I don't remember how that started (the strokes have messed up my memory) but she has always given me elephants and I have done the same with her.  She got me a beautiful elephant snowglobe one year also - and snowglobes are one of my favorite things in life!  So, when I saw this little stamp from Wild Rose Studio I knew that it was perfect!

Tons of love and joyful wishes for my youngest gal!

I started with some white Simon Says Stamp card stock and cut it in half and folded in sideways for a side folded A2 card.  I then used some pink card stock I received in a Simon Says Stamp monthly kit a long time ago and stamped that with the Wild Rose Studio Bella on Bauble stamp using my MISTI stamping tool.  I knew that I might need to stamp it twice so I wanted to ensure I got a good image both times.  I used Memento tuxedo black ink as I knew that I was going to color this in with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  Next, I colored the image in (I'm so sorry I forgot to write down the markers exactly) using grays, reds, pinks, and a bit of light blue.  I added some clear wink of stella to the fur on the hat as well as the ornament.  I also added some Silver Moondust Tonic Nuvo drops to the stars on the ornament and some Morning Dew clear Tonic Nuvo drops to the shine spots to bring those out.  I used my Sakura Metallic Gelly Roll pen in black sparkle to line the ornament string and the sweet elephants eyes.  It turned out so cute!

Sparkle and shine provided by Wink of Stella and Tonic Nuvo

To put the card together I cut some paper from the My Minds Eye Sugar Plum patterned paper pack in order to create a layered effect.  I cut them all smaller than the card base and at varying sizes.  I glued the first piece down at an angle then added the next piece on with foam tape.  I also added foam tape to the back of the pink paper I used to stamp my image and then took the Dewdrop Brilliance ink in Pearlescent Sky Blue, as I really love the metallic blue effect it gives and felt it matched the paper well, and ran it over the edges of the paper.  Finally, I stamped a sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Celebration Scripty Sayings stamp set with the same blue ink onto a white piece of card stock left over and mounted that with foam tape to the top of the card.  Finished!

Supplies used for the Tons of Love card.
Since I forgot to specifically line up the Spectrum Noir alcohol markers that I used,
I thought I would show you my collection!

And more, my beautiful makers - I love these Spectrum Noir alcohol markers!!!

I just love how this turned out and I think my youngest will love it.  Only one more "special" card to do - well, actually all of the cards I'm making for everyone this year are special because the people receiving them are special!!!!

Hope you're having a wonderful week.  Jude  :-)

Link to the first card I did this year for one of my kids - http://heyjudecards.blogspot.com/2016/12/me-and-my-dragon-girl.html
Link to the second card I did this year for one of my kids - http://heyjudecards.blogspot.com/2016/12/sending-you-christmas-hedgehugs.html
_____________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
_____________________________________
LINKS:

To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!



No comments:

Post a Comment