"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Monday, December 12, 2016

On Dasher, On Dancer ... On Buster???!!!

Hahaha!  I loved these little doggy reindeer!  They remind me of when people put the little costumes on their dogs for Halloween!  I try but mine don't like them too much.  They look at me like "Mooooommmm, why are you punishing me like this?!!!"  I saw this little stamp set from Your Next Stamp and it just made me smile!  Of course, anything doggy related makes me smile but combine dogs and the holidays and I'm beaming ear to ear!  I can just hear Santa yelling, "On Dasher, On Dancer, On Comet, On Blitzen ... On Buster, On Kasey, On Bailey, On Cooper"!!!  Those are my doggies names by the way!

Doggy Reindeer card with mini stamp set by Your Next Stamp

So cute!!!  Reminds me of when doggies are dressed up!

So, I started with the little stamp set from Your Next Stamp and stamped it on some Simon Says Stamp white card stock in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I then colored it in with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers (I have the colors pictured below).  I wanted one of the doggies to be brown and one to be gray.  I then used some paper from my recent card kit from Simon Says Stamp and cut it in half and folded it into a top folding note card.  I also used the stamp set from the recent card kit - Merry and Bright.  I stamped the little presents and the tree and then colored those in as well.  I used my tape runner and some foam tape to attach these to the card base and then used some glossy accents and some wink of stella to jazz it up a bit.  I accidentally grabbed my black wink of stella so one of my presents ended up black!  But, it was sparkly and shiny so that is all that matters!  I also used some gold Stickles that I got from Michael's for the star on the tree.  It was a very simple and fun card that just made me happy and smile.  What more could you want?!!!

Supplies for the doggy reindeer card

Spectrum Noir alcohol markers used for the card

I hope you enjoyed and that you are continuing to have a great holiday season.  Jude  :-)

__________________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
__________________________________________
LINKS:
Visit Your Next Stamp by clicking HERE!
Check out the doggy reindeer by clicking HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment