"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Mama Elephant Reindeer

I really love Mama Elephant stamps and dies!  I wish I had them all!  I think the first thing I fell in love with was their lunar animal set and then their cosmic animal set - they were just the cutest little critters I had ever seen!!!  Honestly, I wasn't a "cute critter" card kind of gal when I started this art therapy journey.  But I am now in love with doing all kinds of cards because it just makes me happy and I like to challenge myself to do differing genre's.  I think as we continue to make more and see more we hopefully just get better and better as well as learn more skills.
Mama Elephant Reindeer card with non traditional colors - love it!!!

That is the beauty of this hobby.  There is no "wrong" way to do a card and this community is very giving, open and encouraging.  Additionally, the end result of card making is that you are creating something to give away and there is no better feeling in the world than giving something to brighten someone's day!!!  Of course, the added benefit of my personal card making is that it is helping me with my disabilities - so it is a total win win situation!

Mama Elephant Reindeer card with traditional holiday colors - fun fun fun!

On to the little reindeer on these cards!  I wanted to start by making at least two cards with this reindeer set because I truly could have made a ton!  I still have ideas swirling around in my head even as I type this!  So, for the first card I took some patterned paper from the My Minds Eye My Little Christmas paper pack as the focus of the card.  I love this paper pack with the pink and aqua focus of the Holiday colors!  I then took a die from Pretty Pink Posh so that I could have three little windows for my critters to peek through.  I adhered the paper to the Stampin' Up card base and used my die cutter to cut through completely to the inside.  I used some velum paper I received in a recent card kit to create a see through window.  I mounted that piece on foam strips so that it gave a little dimension to the card.  I then stamped the reindeer and trees from the Mama Elephant set and chose the ones that were mirror images of each other so that I could color them with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers similarly.  This way I would have one peeking through the window but cover him on the back with a window on the inside to show them peeking though the inside of the card as well.  Finally, I used some gold foil card stock from another recent card kit and the Simon Says Stamp Seasons Greetings die to add a sentiment.  All in all a very simple and cute card!

Supplies for first card
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers used for first card

For the second card I used the same Mama Elephant reindeer stamp set but I used some traditional Holiday colors.  For this one I still colored the little guy with the Spectrum Noir alcohol markers but I used a different set of brown colors.  All the markers are pictured below and shown in the video so you can use the same ones if you are interested.  I then took another Stampin' Up card base I made from their card stock as the base of the card.  I also used a patterned paper pack from Stampin' Up with awesome paper that I just love!  I die cut it with some Stampin' Up dies that included the ornament, the rectangle base as well as the Falala sentiment - it was just perfect and had everything I needed!  I adhered all of these to the card with tape runner or foam tape and added my little reindeer and the card was complete!  See, short and simple!

Supplies for second card
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers used for second card
Close up of second card

I hope you enjoyed the two little cards from today and the video.  These were really fun to make and I just adore this little set.  More coming your way in the next few days!  Keep enjoying your day and your holiday season!  Jude  :-)
____________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
____________________________________
LINKS:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
For more information on the Scarlet Lime Planner Society - click HERE!
To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!



No comments:

Post a Comment