"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Monday, December 19, 2016

Tags of Christmas - Volume 1

Wow - with that title, it sounds like such a serious thing!  But, it is not - it is all about Holiday tags!  Fun, fun, fun!  I had to split the video up into two segments because they were just too long.  I am making a lot of tags for the holidays (as my body allows health wise) but I definitely had to get these eight tags made for a Hanukkah present for a good friend of mine.  I wanted a tag with each small gift and I wanted the tags to be homemade and special - just like she is to me.  So, that said, in order to make this post not forty pages long, I am just going to include minimal information so you can still recreate them (remember these can be used for many different seasons and events) and, if you require more information, the video will have that as well.  Deal?  Deal!  Let's go!!!

The first four tags made for this post and video.

I will first say that with all of the cards I used the Prima watercolor tags because they are a bit larger, I didn't have to cut them out one by one, and I planned on putting a personalized note on the back of these tags so these were perfect!  Plus, I got them on eBay for cheap!  Woop Woop!  Next, I used my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers for almost all of these tags.  They are my current favorite markers and give me the effect I am looking for when coloring.  I also used various colors of Zig Wink of Stella and the Tonic Nuvo drops as those are the two things that I feel add character and the final touches to the projects!  For attaching things I used either the Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue or I used foam tape.  So, if nothing is mentioned about a particular element or the way it was done, that is because it is addressed in this paragraph!


The first tag I made with a little snowglobe stamp and die set that I have from Sizzix.  I love it because I love anything snowglobes!  Truly - besides dogs, card making and makeup - snowglobes are right up there as some of my most favorite things!  I have a ton of them too!  Yay!!!  I stamped the elements with the Memento tuxedo black ink and colored them in.  I added them to the card and then cut a piece from patterned paper to create a banner and attached it with ribbon from my recent Love From Lizi card kit.  I also added a snowflake and jingle bell from that same kit!

First tag - cute little snowman!

Supplies for snowman tag.
The second tag was an older Simon Says Stamp stamp set that I used with some of my Avery Elle inks as well as the Memento tuxedo black ink.  I used my Prisma colored pencils for this tag as I just wanted something a bit different.  I used a bell and the ribbons from the Love from Lizi kit and I enhanced it with some Tonic Nuvo drops.  It's cute!

Warm winter wishes with some coffee!
Supplies for coffee tag.
For the third tag I heat embossed some snowflakes from the Simon Says Stamp snowflakes thanks stamp set.  I used the holographic embossing powder for some and a blue sparkle embossing powder for others.  I then added a banner across the front that I had distressed the side with pearlescent blue Tsukineko Dew Drops and I also stamped the sentiment in that color.  I then distressed the outsides of the tag with the same metallic ink and added some ribbon.  So sparkly and fun!

Sparkly snowflake fun!
Supplies for snowflake tag.
The final card in this grouping uses the Holiday Smooches stamp set from Newton's Nook that I used in the previous blog post and video for the kissing cards.  It was just so cute that I had to keep using it!  This is kissing penguins and I added some hearts with my Avery Elle Cherry ink.  I used the Avery Elle Jungle ink to stamp the mistletoe and the sentiment.  I then added white and red dots with the Tonic Nuvo drops to make it pop!  I added a little snowbank for them to be standing on and it was just cute as can be!

Penguin love tag!
Supplies for penguin tag.
So, those are the first four tags that I created.  I hope you enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed making them!  It has been difficult (pain wise) to get all of this done, but I want to get it finished for the Holidays.  Also, just as a reminder for some who are new to the blog and channel, this art therapy was recommended from my group of doctors that I see as a means of rehabilitating my hands and arms after the two strokes (I believe there has been some rehabilitation in my mind as well!!).  I was already doing speech therapy so, what was one more thing, right?  I actually enjoy this so much though and it makes me happy!!  I am loving it.  Plus, giving is truly the best form of therapy out there and when I make the cards or projects and then am able to give them away and spread kindness that way, well I believe there is a bit more healing going on for my body!

Have an awesome day!  Jude  :-)
____________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
____________________________________
LINKS:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
For more information on the Scarlet Lime Planner Society - click HERE!
To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!
For more information on the Love from Lizi kit - click HERE!



No comments:

Post a Comment