"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Holiday Tags - Volume Two

Here we go - ready for round two on the holiday tags!  Yay!  I definitely have made more than these eight tags, but I thought, since these were for a special project, I would just share these.  I hope that you get some fun ideas that you can incorporate for some of your own projects.  And, as always, just keep having fun and doing the things that make you happy!

All four tags for this batch - sorry about the lighting on the right :-(

As with the first tags, I used a majority of the same products.  I used the Prima watercolor tags because they are large and I was able to do more with that.  I then colored the majority of the images in with the Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  I also used tombow mono liquid glue and foam tape to attach all the images.  To decorate, I used various colors of Wink of Stella and Tonic Nuvo drops.  They just added so much to each of the cards!  Most of the ribbons were from the Love from Lizi kit that I recived and I'm just trying to use up my supplies.  That said, here we go!!!!


With the first tag in this batch (or tag 5 for the project) I used an Art Impressions stamp that had three little penguins caroling and holding the word JOY!  So cute!  I colored them all in and added sparkle where I wanted.  I used another stamp from the set to draw your attention up to the two cute mini tags that I included at the top.  Those papers were from past Simon Says Stamp kits and I used the Love from Lizi ribbons.  I added a snowstorm of blue and white Tonic Nuvo drops.  Fun!

Cute little caroling penguins tag!

Supplies for penguins tag.

For this tag I used this adorable stamp set by Gerda Steiner Designs called Snow Angels.  All the little critters in this set are making snow angels in the snow!  This totally made my day and made me happy!  I colored the images in with my markers and then I wanted to add a feeling of them laying in the snow making those angels, so I added the footsteps that are included in the stamp set.  Then, I used the Tonic Nuvo drops to go around the waving arms and feet and the footsteps.  I also added some blue snowflakes from my Simon Says Stamp Cute Snowflakes set.  For the tag on this one I used a snowflake from the Love from Lizi set.  Just addorable!

Making snow angels tag!


Supplies for snow angels tag.

For this tag I wanted to center it around the cute polar bear from the My Favorite Things Polar Bear stamp set.  I stamped him at the bottom of the image and created a little snowmound for him to sit on.  I then created a "tag within a tag" look by making a shaker tag from my Queen & Co tag kit and adding that to the top of this larger tag.  The sequins in the shaker mix had stars in it, so I included stars in the colors to match the paper used on the shaker tag by stamping those with my Avery Elle inks.  I also included the sentiments Joy and Noel.  I then added the drops of snow with the Tonic Nuvo drops and I just love how this one turned out!

Polar bear and shaker tag - so much fun!

Supplies for polar bear shaker tags.

I wanted to use the My Favorite Things Yeti stamp set for a tag and here is where I got to do it.  I also made a few cards with it and those are posted on my Instagram if you are interested in seeing them!  I started by creating some "land" for them to stand on and having some in the forefront and some in back.  I used the trees to create this illusion as well.  I then stamped and colored the Yeti from the stamp and attached them to the tag.  I used the negative piece of a cutout from the Simon Says Stamp Season's Greetings die as the tag topper and tied that on with some ribbon to give it a little punch.  I then only added the Tonic Nuvo drops to the little package that they one Yeti was handing the other.  This simply had me smiling the whole time!

Adorable Yeti tag!

Supplies for Yeti tag.


So, that is it - that is the final of the Tag Project I did.  As I mentioned in the videos, this is going to one of my friends and I am hopeful she likes it.  I did make other tags for other gifts, but figured you would be all tagged out so no more videos on those!  I do have a couple more videos coming before Christmas (hopefully) so stay tuned.  After Christmas I will turn to New Years cards - fun, fun, fun!!!!

Thanks again for being here and sharing in my art therapy journey!  You're the best!  Happy holidays!  Jude  :-)

_______________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
_______________________________________
LINKS:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!
For more information on the Love from Lizi kit - click HERE!



No comments:

Post a Comment