"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Skating By

Well, today is my Holiday card for my fourth kid - my only boy.  Yes, I had four teenagers at the same time - and three of them were girls!!!  Oye vey!!!!  The insanity of it all!!!  Haha!  They are all grown now, so I am good.

Card for my boy - love the skating polar bear!

Anyway, I mentioned before that I was doing a special card for each of them this Holiday season and posting it here on the blog.  I did the three girls first and now I am doing my boy (that is not the order of age by the way!)  So, originally I was looking for a bacon stamp set because this one loves bacon!  I saw a few cute ones but they just didn't "spark" for me.  Then, I really wanted to do "Horton" from Horton hears a Who because when he was little he saved up his money and bought me a Horton in baby blue (my favorite color) and I still have it on the shelf next to my bed.  I actually couldn't find a stamp set for that and I am not that great with digital images so it was on to the next idea!  Well, he is a hockey player and we are a hockey family so I thought that the My Favorite Things Polar Bear Pals stamp set with the polar bear skating would be cute - and that is what I went with!

Close up of the cute skater card!

I started with a Simon Says Stamp pre-cut side folding card base in the A2 size.  I then used the My Favorite Things Polar Bear Pals stamp set and stamped it with Memento Tuxedo black ink and proceeded to color it in with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers in grays and blues.  I also used the My Favorite Things Stepped Up Chevron die and cut pieces of Simon Says Stamp card stock in Sea Glass, Audrey Blue, and Surf Blue as well as a piece of silver mirror card stock from my Love from Lizi card kit to add some movement to the card.  I used a Merry Christmas sticker also from my recent Love from Lizi card kit for the top of the card in a beautiful silver color.  I then attached the little skating guy with some foam tape and added some wink of Stella for some sparkle.  Finally, I added the sentiment in Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Broken China to match all of the colors.  I really think it turned out to be a fun card!

Supplies for the skating polar bear card!
Love you more than I can bear!


I am excited to give this little card to him as he always makes me happy and smile and I truly do "love him more than I can bear"!!!  Hope you enjoyed this short post and that you have a wonderful Holiday!  Jude  :-)
_________________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
_________________________________________
LINKS:
Polar Bear Pals Stamp Set - Click HERE!

To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!
For more information on the Love from Lizi kit - click HERE!
_________________________________________
Supplies:



No comments:

Post a Comment