"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Monday, December 19, 2016

Merry KISSmas!!!

I saw this adorable set from Newton's Nook and I had to get it for the holiday season.  It has kissing winter animals!!!  Adorbs!!!  I made a couple of cards for this video - and I actually made a cute holiday tag also but that will be in another video full of tags!  These were just the most adorable stamps and made me so happy to make them - I hope they make you happy too!

Merry KISSmas!  I love this set - kissing polar bears - adorable!

I started the first card by coloring in the polar bears with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  I used a white piece of card stock I got in my Simon Says Stamp card kit that I cut in half to an A2 sized card.  I then used some Stampin' Up patterned paper and created layered banner tags on the left side of the card.  I also used gold card stock from my Love from Lizi card kit as well as a resin sticker from the Holiday kit from Simon Says Stamp.  I then used another sticker from the Love from Lizi kit to create the ribbon for the ornament.  So, as you can see, it was a kit heavy card!  I added wink of stella to create some added sparkle also.  Turned out to be a simple, but cute, card.


Products for the polar bear card.

For the next card I started with some blue glimmer card stock from Simon Says Stamp.  I cut it down for a side folding A2 card.  I then cut strips from the My Minds Eye paper pack that I received from the recent card kit as well.  I cut them into varying sized strips to create a woven pattern with the strips.  It just seemed like a fun thing to do!  I love how all the colors and patterns show up this way.  I then colored the seals that came in the Newton's Nook stamp set with the Spectrum Noir alcohol markers also.

Sealed with a kiss!  Another bit of adorable!

markers used for the seal card
 I colored the kissing birds as well because they just added another bit of adorable!  I added the sentiment with Avery Elle Sapphire ink onto a white strip of paper cut into a banner and added that with foam tape to the card.  I finalized the card with some wink of stella and my Sakura metallic black gelly roll pen.  I used some Tonic Nuvo drops in black and clear to add some spark to the cards - they always add spark in my opinion!

Products for the seal card.

Thank you so much for being here today.  Happy holidays and Merry Kissmas!  haha

____________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
____________________________________
LINKS:


Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!
For more information on the Love from Lizi kit - click HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment