"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Home is where your Heart is ...

I take a break from our regularly scheduled Holiday videos and posts to bring you this little house card.  I wanted to make a special card for my youngest who moved into a new place so that she could give it as a "thank you" to the special people who helped her get into the house.  She asked that I just make her a little "thanks" for a great friend and this is what I came up with.  I wanted it to be special and fun and home related.  And, to be honest, I have wanted to try the Elizabeth Craft pop up dies for a long time - what better time than now!!!!
Interactive House Card - I Am Beyond Grateful For You

Pop up portion!  Love this!!!

I first took some white card stock that I had left over from my Love with Lizi kit and folded it to an A2 sized card.  I then placed the main die from the Elizabeth Craft House Pivot card set and created the cut and the fold.  These are surprisingly easy to work with and give such a fantastic effect - I loved them!  I next made sure to fold appropriately and rub the card with my bone folder to ensure a good crease.  Other elements from this packet were cut in red card stock, dark gray card stock, and blue card stock to give it some dimension.  I love how the one die portion actually makes "bricks" on the front of the house!  Fun!

I wanted to also use the Elizabeth Craft All Seasons tree to add something special to the card so I cut out all the elements from this die set in dark gray, blue, and red/green patterned paper that I had from my recent Simon Says Stamp December card kit.  (NOTE - the December Card Kit is not available but I have listed the actual patterned paper pack from that kit below so you can get straight to it if you are interested - I also added a link for the Monthly Card Kit - you will be amazed at all the wonderful things that come monthly!!!)

I assembled the house using my multi matte medium glue and then picked up the varying pieces with my tweezers (this one was as hard on my hand as the last project - but you have to push yourself in these ways in order to be able to have good results in the future - "work better hand or I will force you into submission!!!").  As these elements dried, I colored the card background, the grass, and some house elements with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  I used TB1, IB1, DG4, DG3 CG3, EB8 and EB3.  I also added some card stock to the front of the card to give it some texture and pattern.  I stamped sentiments from the My Favorite Things Kind Thanks clear stamps that I felt were perfect for what she was looking for in the card.  One was directly onto the bottom paper adhered to the front of the card and the other was on some white card stock which I then fuzzy cut around to make it stand out!  I also added clear Wink of Stella to the clouds and snowflakes and then black Wink of Stella to the main sentiment (I think it is here that you can see how bad my hands were doing - it's a little shaky - grrrr!)  Oh well, finished!

Supplies used for interactive pop up house card.

I loved this little card and can't wait to make another one.  I learned a few lessons and things that I would do differently next time - that is, after all, part of the fun of doing things and learning as you go!!!  Most importantly, my daughter liked it and is excited about giving it to her friend.

Bold beautiful colors!

Pop up for some fun!!!
Have a great day and we will be back to Holiday videos/posts tomorrow!!!  Thanks for being here and thanks for being you!  Jude  :-)

PS  I left the back of the card completely white so that she is able to write the words she wants to express on there.  Also, this card does fit in a regular size envelope with minimal bulk!  Yay!
__________________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
__________________________________________
LINKS:

No comments:

Post a Comment