"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Friday, December 23, 2016

Cookie Cutter Christmas

I absolutely love this set!  To be honest though, I forgot that I had it or I would have been making cards with it this entire Holiday season!!!  I love it for the versatility - you can make a Santa, and Eskimo, a bear, a reindeer or a gingerbread man/woman - fun!!!  And, there is lots of accessories and cute sentiments as well.  But, the best part about it is the punch that goes with it!  I didn't realize how much I liked punches until I had done an entire season of dies through my die cutter!  When you have hand problems, it hurts!  I have to get the automatic power extension to my We R Memory Keepers Evolution die cutter and I will be okay; in the meantime though, there are my Stampin' Up punches!  Oh, one more awesome thing about this set is that there is a Halloween stamp set that goes with it also - so versatile!!!

Cookie Cutter Christmas - Santa!!!

So, I started these two cards with some Simon Says Stamp card stock that I cut down to a A2 top folding and A2 side folding card.  I then stamped all of the little characters onto some white card stock with either Memento tuxedo black (for the ones that I wanted to color in) or a variety of Avery Elle Kraft, Avery Elle Tuffle, Stampin' Up Creamy Caramel and Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip inks.  I wanted to have a little bit of a color difference for my gingerbread guys/girls!  I then colored in the other images with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers in DR1, DR2, FL3, CG1, CG2, CG3, FS1, IG1, TB1, CR2 and the Blender.


For the Santa card I used some patterned paper from Pink Paisley in Yuletide.  I cut about an inch off of the side of the front of the card and glued the three little Santa's in a row.  I added the patterned paper to the inside of the card in a one inch strip and then added a white stripe sticker from the Love from Lizi kit.  I then used the Tim Holtz clear ink and the Hero Arts white embossing powder to heat emboss the sentiment.  I also added some wink of Stella to the fur on all of the Santa's costumes.  Finally, I added some sequins to the card from the Snowflake mix from Pretty Pink Posh that I had in my stash to give it that final punch.  Love it!!!!

Supplies for the Santa cards.


For the Gingerbread card, I took three gingerbread in differing shades of brown (mentioned above) and then cut the kraft cardstock in half - actually I cut out about 1/3 of the card stock so there could be an opening.  I used the same white rope stripe stickers from the Love from Lizi card kit to accent those two pieces and then I used the three gingerbread to hold the card together.  I added a bow to the hair of one and the neck of another for a little punch and used glitter stickles to make them sparkle!  Finally, I used some sequins from the Reindeer sequing mix from Kat's Scrappiness.  I just love how this turned out as well.

Cute little gingerbread Cookie Cutter cards!

Supplies for the gingerbread cards.

Now I am off to try to get all of the cards that I made over this season mailed (Yes, I'm late because I have had the flu)!!!  Hope you enjoyed and hope that you have the most wonderful holiday!  Jude  :-)

Side view - you can see how the gingerbread hold the card together - fun!

PS  If you are interested in the stamp set from Stampin' Up, they are available on the web site linked - and the Halloween one that goes with this set is being discontinued and is on sale!  There is also a brand new catalog coming out right now and it has some awesome things in it - I will do a haul here soon!  Thanks!
______________________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
______________________________________________
LINKS:


Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!
For more information on the Love from Lizi kit - click HERE!
____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment