"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Monday, January 9, 2017

Cozy Up!!!

I love this set by Concord & 9th!  It can be used for anything - anytime of the year - and I love that in a stamp set.  My favorite thing about it is that it describes exactly what I like to do - "cozy up"!!!  It is the best thing to do, in my opinion, especially during the winter months!  I would rather cozy up or netflix and chill than go anywhere - that is for sure!!!

Let's Stay In and Cozy Up!!!


So, I started the cards with the Simon Says Stamp paper that I cut in half to A2 sized for the bases of the cards.  I also had a pink panel and a watercolor panel to use for the stamping.  I used a spare piece of white cardstock for the other printing that was alcohol marker color friendly.  I stamped all of the items first and then decided what I wanted to do.  The first heart was stamped on watercolor paper with  Distress Ink clear and white detailed fine embossing powder and then heat embossed.  I set that aside to dry while I restamped the same image with black Memento Tuxedo black ink on the pink panel.  I then took the white cardstock and stamped the mugs and colored them with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers.

Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers used for first card.


After that, I put the cards together.  For the mug card, I stamped the "coffee, cocoa, tea, cider" onto the mugs for added interest and then stamped the largest sentiment and fuzzy cut it to attach with dimensionals.  I added a piece of white birch paper for interest down the middle and added all the elements and then used blue Nuvo Drops for some interest.  Love this card!

Supplies used for cards.


For the second card, I took the black stamped heart and then covered it with velum.  I arranged the smaller sentiment and stamped it with white pigment ink.  I then ran the velum through the die cutter to give it a pinking edge and also added a teal piece of paper with the pinking edge to match at the top so I could attach the velum.  Unfortunately, the sentiment smeared a bit when going through the die cutter so I have learned for the next time to either die cut first or dry the sentiment with my heat gun.  I then stamped the individual flowers with the Avery Elle Aquamarine ink on the velum to add some interest.  Fun!

My two favorite cards!


Finally, for the last card - my favorite actually - I used the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to add various spots of color and then my waterbrush to watercolor over the heat embossing.  The heat embossed edges keep the color isolated and the different colors make it look like a large bouquet - I love it!  I fuzzy cut that out (forgot that I had the dies!!!!) and then attached that on top of two circles that I had cut in Tiffany Blue Simon Says Stamp card stock with some circle dies to add interest.  I also stamped the sentiment in the Avery Elle Aquamarine ink to keep the color pattern.  This turned out to be my favorite of the three cards, as I mentioned - it is just so pretty!

Zig Markers used for last card.


So, I'm going to stay in and cozy up with my doggies and do some Netflix and chill!  I'll send out the cards in case one of my friends or kids wants to join me!  Have an awesome day!  Jude  :-)


___________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
___________________________________
LINKS:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!
___________________________________
SUPPLIES:



No comments:

Post a Comment