"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Saturday, January 21, 2017

One Stamp Three Cards Series - One - Featuring Unity Stamps

I wanted to do a series each month called "One Stamp/Three Cards".  In this series I will be featuring a single stamp in three different ways to show how we can make our stamps go further.  I thought it would be a fun series and beneficial to all of our pocketbooks in the long run!  Maybe curb the desire to always buy, buy, buy and have the next and newest item (who am I kidding - I will still want to do that!!!!).  At least we can try!!!!

One Stamp Three Cards


The "rules" for the series are simple - take one stamp and use it in three different ways to make three cards.  You can add dies and sentiment strips for enhancements but the stamp still has to be the main focus.  Simple, right?  I would love for you guys to join in on the fun and create a similar project and post it with the "#heyjudecards" hashtag.  I KNOW that your projects will be incredible and awesome!!!!

Stamped with Tuxedo Memento black ink and colored with Spectrum Noir markers

Spectrum Noir alcohol markers used to color above image

For the first project of this series I decided to use a Unity stamp from the December Unity stamp kit.  I just love this stamp and I love Unity Stamp Co!  I love their images and I love their quality - they have to be one of my favorite stamp companies for sure!  I first stamped the girl in Memento tuxedo black ink as I was going to color her in with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  I then stamped her twice with my Distress Ink in clear and the heat embossed it with Clear powder and white powder.

Stamped with Distress Ink in clear and Clear embossing powder then used the "smooshing" technique for background

Distress ink in clear and Clear embossing powder and White embossing powder

Next, I colored the images in with three different techniques.  For the first card I used the Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and added some Wink of Stella for some shine.  For the second card I used the "smooshing" technique and smooshed five colors of distress inks onto a piece of plastic packaging and then sprayed them with water and then dropped my paper onto it for a fun watercolor background over the entire card base.  The clear embossed image resisted the ink when it dried to show off the stamped image.  For the third technique I used the Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and colored the image, then I used my water brush to give it a watercolor effect.  They are all the same image, but so different in how they look in the end.  I love it!

Different distress inks used for the "smooshing" technique

To finish off the cards I added sentiments - also from the Unity kit of the month - and some strips of card stock or ribbon as embellishment.  I attached the items with glue or foam tape to my card bases made from Stampin' Up Cardstock cut into A2 sized card bases and then added some sequins to finish them off.  All in all, I love the way they look!  I hope you do as well!
Stamped with Distress ink in clear and used white embossing powder then Zig Clean Color markers to color and a water brush for watercolor effect

Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers used

Thanks so much for being here and always being so kind and supportive.  I appreciate you guys.  Again, if you want to participate in the series, just make your own three cards with one stamp and then tag me with #heyjudecards so that I can definitely see your great work!  Have an awesome day!  Jude  :-)
_________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
_________________________________
Links:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
Unity Stamp Co Kit of the Month - if you are interested - click HERE!!!
Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment