"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Yearly Encouragement Tags - Set One (Jan - Apr)

I love the idea of always being positive.  It's good for the soul!  But, I will admit, I'm not always in that mindset (especially with pain and disabilities) - so, sometimes I need little reminders.  I find them in all sorts of things - encouragement from my loved ones, positive friends, books, quotes, my precious dogs, as well as in so many other mediums.  I think that is why I am loving this new hobby of card making so much; I can remind myself to be positive while also, hopefully, doing the same for someone else.

I had no idea how wonderful the various stamp sets could be for that motivation until I started this art therapy project.  I found that, while working on a card for someone else, the various stamp sets with positive and joyful messages (or just beautiful and fun artwork) also made me happy and kept me in the right frame of mind.  That is one of the main reasons I am so attracted to the Altenew line of stamps.  They are unbelievably positive and good for the soul.

Card making is a very "giving" hobby and I find that we sometimes neglect to give to ourselves.
So, with that said, this project was purely selfish on my part.  This time I wasn't making cards for someone else to encourage them and lift them up; I was just doing it for myself.  I believe that giving to yourself is just as important as giving to others.  And, with that, I took the Altenew sets that I own and made a set of "yearly encouragement tags".  My intention is to keep them right in front of me each month and just keep myself focused.  It is like sending a card to yourself each time you look at them!  The joy and beauty of each stamp set as well as the varying quotes just make me happy.  And, I hope that it makes you happy as well.  Jude  :-)

Quarter One - Yearly Encouragement Tags

January 2017

February 2017

March 2017

April 2017

_______________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
_______________________________________
Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment