"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Friday, July 21, 2017

Tiny Messages - Stashback Friday (5)

I recently wanted to use this old stamp that I have that has a dog on it that says "Sealed with a slobber!"  It is such a cute stamp but I don't use it often enough.  When I stamped it and started to color the image in, it gave me an idea - what if I put some mini envelopes with tiny messages on the card?  I thought that would be super cute and I had an older die from Ellen Hutson that was the perfect match for this idea!

So, I started with the doggy card (of course).  I stamped the image and colored it in with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  I then used some Simon Says Stamp card stock for the card base and added a rectangle and another half circle type shape that I had cut out of patterned paper with my MFT dies.  I cut the mini envelopes out of white card stock and did the folds to create the envelopes.  I then measured the width of the opening on each and cut a strip of paper slightly smaller.  Next, I took my score board and scored the strips of paper at an increment smaller than the height of the mini envelope.  I needed to find some stamps that would fit a message or two on these strips so I searched through all of my "mini" stamp sets that I rarely use.  I stamped these messages with Avery Elle Aquamarine ink to match the theme I had going on for this card.  I also ensured (on all of the cards) to include a little sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Push Here stamp set that says "Pull" or "Open"!  Finally, I folded them, put them in the envelopes and added some glitter to the card!  So cute!


I liked the idea so much that I decided to make a masculine and feminine card with a message inside the envelopes as well.  So, I used two more Simon Says Stamp card bases and cut the envelopes, the patterned paper, and the paper strips again.  For the feminine card I used patterned paper that I could then add some sparkle and shine to later.  I followed the same outline above for making the strips that went inside and added some sentiments from the CZ Designs stamp set that is rather snarky and fun!!!  I then added all different colors of Tonic Nuvo drops to the design and had a fun and feminine tiny message card!


For the masculine card I used some paper that I recently got from First Edition.  It has texture and spot gloss on it and I love their paper packs!  They make the simple things that much more fun!  I wanted to keep this one very plain and masculine so all I did was add the tiny message envelope to the front and decorate it with a little image from another one of my older mini stamp sets.  Again, I used a little bit of glitter to embellish - not too much because I plan on giving this to my husband - and I was good to go!  The message inside is from CZ Designs also and the phrase "Hey Shorty" is so cute, especially because my husband is a foot taller than me!!!


So, that was my "Stashback Friday" for this week.  Stashback Friday is a series that I do where I use older items in my stash so I remember that it is not all about what is new and next - but that I can use things I already have and still come up with some fun new things.  I hope you try it and look through your stash for something fun and different.  I know you will come up with amazing things!  Jude  :-)

___________________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
___________________________________________
Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment