"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Pitbull Card Set

I was asked recently to create a card set for a friend that was all pitbulls.  They didn't care about the sentiments or the style or anything - just wanted pitbulls (my kind of friend!!!).  So, this is what I came up with.  I went ahead and made two sets because I think it is easier to create in bulk.  I hope this little video shows you how to do that and that you would create some card sets also!  I would love to see them.  As always, I will be a pitbull and rescue dog advocate until the end - it is my heart.  So, I hope that I haven't created too many dog cards for you lately!!!

I started the cards by using the Jessica Lynn Originals Pitbull stamp set and the mini misti and stamping a variety of pitbulls with Memento tuxedo black ink.  I do each step all at once because it creates sort of an assembly line process and makes it faster to create.  So, the next step was to create all of the card bases.  I just used my Stampin' Up stash and created about ten top folding A2 card sizes (this was before I took my stash to Kinko's and had them cut it all - yay - see my latest video for that quick tip!!!).  Next, I wanted to look through my sentiments and die sets to find some that would work for generic cards.  I used a bunch of Simon Says Stamp dies and some gold foiled card stock to create some sentiments. I also used the Hero Arts Hello Gorgeous and The Ton's The New Pretty stamp set.  I love these and use them all of the time!!!  Finally, to prepare for the card making, I colored all of the images in with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  I had a specific dog in mind for some of the cards (my friend's pup that requested the cards of course) but, other than that, I just created a wide array of colors from pitties that I know and love.




Now it was time to start putting the cards together!  I swear doing all of that prep works makes the process ten times easier in the end.  So, I paired the pitbull pictures, backgrounds, die cuts and sentiments as I wanted them and started to create!  I used tape runner, foam tape, sequins, Tonic nuvo drops, dimensionals, and more to create different, but similar cards.  I think the video shows it best, so I won't write it all out here.





I hope you enjoyed and that you would try some card sets of your own.  Do you have other ways that you do it that you would like to share?  I can always - ALWAYS - learn new techniques and ways of doing things!  So, please let me know.  Also, if you do end up creating a card set, I would love if you would share it with me!  Have an awesome day!  Jude  :-)
_________________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
_________________________________________
Links:
For the awesome pitbull set by Jessica Lynn Originals - click HERE!!!
For the awesome sentiment set from The Ton - click HERE!!!
_________________________________________
Supplies:


2 comments: