"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Three Cards One Stamp (3) - Concord & 9th

Hey everyone!  I hope that you are all doing fantastic!  It is a very nice day here and I decided the other day to film a Three Cards One Stamp video for that little series.  I actually do this all the time - meaning I try to stamp a stamp about three times and use it different ways each time I have one out - I just don't always film it.  I find that even if I don't use them all at that moment, I have stamped images in a bag waiting to be used for another time!  It just saves so much time!

So, for today's video I stamped the Concord & 9th Lily stamp in Simon Says Stamp clear ink twice and then heat embossed it with white embossing powder and gold embossing powder.  I then stamped it in Memento tuxedo black ink to get a different look.  I used the Tim Holtz prepackaged distress watercolor panels for the first two, and regular 110 pound white Stampin' Up cardstock for the last image.  I then made three card bases out of some Stampin' Up paper that I had and was ready to go!

For the first image, I used my sparkling watercolors and my waterbrush.  I like these, although I am still tempted to get some of those awesome palettes that Kristina Werner and Amy Rysavy talked about.  For now though, this cheap one will do!!!!  I wanted this particular card to have a messy look so I wet the entire card front first and then added drops of color as I went.  I did accentuate the flower, but for the most part it is rather messy and that is what I was going for!  After this dried over night, I then cut the panel with the WPlus9 Sunshine Layers die cuts I used in my previous video.  I just love those scallops!  I simply added it with tape runner to a card base and we were good to go!

Next, I used the gold embossed panel and the little sampler package of Stampin' Up watercolor pencils that I received in a Paper Pumpkin kit a few months ago.  They are so easy to use - you just lay some color down and then add water.  I loved the way that they turned out!  I did want to do a second coat, so after it dried I added some more - and then I used my PrismaColor pencils to just add some texture and dimension to the top.  I started to make a shaker card out of this card, but then thought it would look good just on it's own with some Nuvo Drops added.  So, I used a tape runner and added it to the card base and then added Nuvo Drops in Purple Rain and Violet Galaxy sparkle!  It turned out pretty.

Finally, I made the card that was stamped in black ink.  This actually turned out to be my favorite card!!!  I colored the card with alcohol markers first to give it a nice base.  Then I added dimension and texture with the PrismaColor pencils.  I used the Mama Elephant Union Dies to cut a frame out of black shimmer card stock and then took the card base and added the outermost die flat with tape runner.  I then added some acetate to the back of the middle layer and then added some Stampin' Up dimensional strips in order to make this into a shaker card.  I used a color mixture of sequins that I had in my stash that I thought would match and added some silver butterflies to that mix as well.  Then I adhered the raised piece down and added the flower that I made and had fuzzy cut with my scissors.  The final piece was the sentiment and I used the Simon Says Stamp Choose Happy sentiments because they are some of my favorites!

So, three cards with one stamp and they all look totally different!  I love that about making cards and stamp sets and dies.  You can just be so creative and have so much fun!  I hope you all enjoyed and have a wonderful day.  Thanks for visiting.  Jude  :-)

__________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
__________________________________
Links:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!
***Stampin' Up's new annual catalog was just released!!!  Click to view it or have one sent to you!  Fun!
__________________________________
Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment