"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Using Dies Only for Embellishment - Dog Series Four

I wanted to create this little video because I have a few dies and die sets that do not have the stamp sets that go with them.  They were either gifts or the stamp sets were not available at the time I purchased the dies but I still wanted to use them.  So, I decided to create four cards using the dies as the main embellishment feature and only adding sentiment stamps when necessary as a secondary element.

I first picked out a couple of dies that were dog related.  I got one as a gift from Lizi and Love from Lizi and the other ones I got on ebay for a very reasonable price, but they are both Simon Says Stamp items.  I cut the dies out of the card stock in order to create a stencil.  I wanted to add some color to the panels that I pulled and use the corresponding dies.

On the first card, I used a pink card base from Simon Says Stamp and the cute little dog die and used Broken China, Barn Door, and Mowed Lawn Distress inks to create the stenciled effect.  I wanted some primary colors on the pastel card bases that I chose.  I also used the die to outline the shapes once they had dried to give it a little more pop.  I ran the card panel through the die cutting machine with the Sunshine Layers border die and adhered the panel onto the card base.  I then added the sentiment from the My Favorite Things Playful Pups stamp set.  Finally, I added the two original white dogs cut out from the die and left them stark white with wink of stella glitter on them to give the card a nice pop.

For the second card, I took a die that I received as a gift from the wonderful Lizi at Love From Lizi.  It looks like a pitbull and that is why she sent it to me - she knew that I would love it!  I wanted to a different type of look on this card so I only stenciled three of the dogs at the bottom of the panel rather than all over as in the previous example.  I then cut the panel with the Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die and adhered it to the Simon Says Stamp card base that I had ready.  I attached the stark white die cut piece of the pitbull to the card and, again, added wink of stella for that minimalistic look.  I did add a sentiment from the Paper Smooches Lucky Dog set in red ink from Catherine Pooler.

On the third card I had a die that cut out paw prints but also cut out a circle.  So, I kept the paw prints that were cut out to go for the similar look as before and then used the stencil to create a few circles up the side of the card panel.  I then cut those panels to create a unique looking edge and attached the white die cut pieces to the circles with foam tape.  Once again I added wink of stella and a sentiment and this card came out just as cute as the others!

For the final card I wanted to do something a little bit different.  I still used a die to create a stencil and then stenciled the color on as before in a random pattern to create my owed patterned paper.  But I also had the die cut out of the middle top of the panel so that I could create a shaker card.  I used the MFT Blueprints 24 die to create the stitched edging on this card and then I attached the acetate and the foam strips necessary to the back of the panel. I poured some sequins from Kennedy Grace Creations onto the card base by Simon Says Stamp and then adhered the panel.  Done!  A cute little shaker card made only with dies!!!

I hope you enjoyed this video and these cards.  I hope that you would try to stretch your dies in a similar way as well.  I'm sure you guys have some fantastic ideas that you could send my way as well!  Thanks for being here and spending some of your time with me - Jude  :-)
________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
________________________________
Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment