"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Love You to the Moon and Bat

I did a couple of Halloween cards the other day and had some fun with ink blending.  I used the Hero Arts "Love You to the Moon and Bat" stamp on one of the cards along with the Wild Rose Studios intricate bat die.  The card base was on Simon Says Stamp copic friendly paper cut in half and made into a top fold A2 sized card.  I used some pattern paper from a card pack I got from Michael's and die cut it with a Lawn Fawn cross stitch rectangle die in the 4-bar size.  I also cut the copic friendly paper with a circle die from Sizzix and then ink blended with Tim Holtz distress inks blenders and inks in Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, and Squeezed Lemonade.  I added the papers to the card base with a Scotch tape runner and added the Bats to the card by making stickers with my small Xyron sticker maker.  Finally, I added some sequins from the Lucy's Little Things Hocus Pocus set with matte multi medium glue.  I also made a second card with the same set except when I distressed the moon I added water droplets from the Tim Holtz spritzer to give a different effect.  I also used glitter paper and cut the base a bit differently for a different effect.  These are fun little cards that makes me happy!!!

Hero Arts "Love You to the Moon and Bat card



Next, I made a little card with the Gerda Steiner Designs Halloween set titled "Bats Halloween".  I love what it says, "I Bat You Didn't Know.....How Much I Love You!"  Just love that!  I made this card in the same way, with the same materials as above, except I used some specialty velum from Stampin' Up.  I also added some Wink of Stella in black to the bats to give it a little bit of sparkle.

Gerda Steiner Designs "Bats Halloween"



Hope you enjoy!  I'm working on learning how to link to all of the items individually as well as to my Stampin' Up link to make it easier for you to go right to any of these items if that is something you want to do.  In the meantime, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.  Have an awesome day and remember to do what makes you happy!

Jude  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment