"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Embroidered Greetings

This little set of cards was so fun to make!  I really loved the embroidering part - I actually did that part in bed when I wasn't feeling well and then put the cards together at a later time.  I like things that I can do like that because then I don't feel as guilty about being bed ridden a lot of the time due to my health issues.  So, to me this was a win-win type of card because I was productive when I was sick and productive when I felt a bit better as well!  Additionally, it made me want to get back to my cross stitching days when I used to make huge 11X17 pieces all the time!!!  Maybe I will start cross stitching again!

So, as I mentioned I started with the dies from Lawn Fawn and just cut them into various pieces of paper.  The majority of the paper came from my Simon Says Stamp monthly kits.  For the piece that I embroidered on video, I cut the die into an actual card base and just embroidered on that piece.  I used the Darice floss and broke into into three strands because the six strands was too thick.  I used the blunt edged embroidery needle as well and just followed the guide on the Lawn Fawn packaging.


To put the cards together I used various My Favorite Things dies to give the card pieces different edges and borders and, as I mentioned, Simon Says Stamp card stock for the bases.  I also took white card stock and various stencils from Tim Holtz, Heidi Swapp, Balzer Designs and Simon Says Stamp and some Heidi Swapp ink spray and Mister Hueys spray to create unique backgrounds.  After these dried I paired them with the differing card bases and then added some die cuts from the Simon Says Stamp Sketch Hearts and Love Bouquet that I cut from velum just to add a little bit of something special.  And, of course, I added some dew drops to some of the edges (I just love that look) and some Tonic Nuvo drops to other bits of the cards for the finishing touches.


I also added some sentiments from the Simon Says Stamp Inside/Out sentiment set using the Catherine Pooler inks (they are incredible!!!).  I just love that set and have been wanting to use it for a long time and this seemed like the perfect time to use it!  I love that it includes sentiments that you can put on the insides of the cards because that was what I would always look for in Hallmark!!!  I used my Corner Chomper from We R Memory Keepers on some of the embroidered pieces as well to just give it a more feminine look.  I like how those turned out.


All in all, these came together rather quickly and with ease and truly were a blast to create.  I hope that the recipients enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them. Thanks so much for being here and sharing your time with me.  Hope you guys have an incredible day!  Jude  :-)
__________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
__________________________________
Links:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!

***NOTE:  A new catalog comes out for Stampin' Up on June 1st if you are interested!!!
__________________________________
Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment