"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Mothers Day Love - One Stamp Three Ways (2) & A Bonus!!!

I have this beautiful stamp from Stampendous that has a wonderful bouquet of flowers that I love.  I have an incredible Mother and Mother-in-Law that I wanted to make these cards for and I have some others in my life that deserve Mother's Day cards as well.  So, I thought I would do another One Stamp Three Ways video.  This is the second in this series!  Fun!!!
One Stamp Three Ways & A Bonus!!!

What I love about this stamp set is that it came with the dies!  I am totally loving that stamp companies are doing that now - a smaller stamp set but with dies - awesome sauce!!!!  There are a couple of extra packs of dies that can go with this set though to make them into pop up cards.  So, I decided to use that extra die set for one of my cards, and then do the stamp set in two other ways to do complete the "three ways" for the video (plus, there is a bonus card at the end!) - fun!!!

As I mentioned, I used the stamp set from Stampendous as my "One Stamp" set for this post.  I stamped it with my stamp press four times - two with Momento Tuxedo black ink and two with Simon Says Stamp Clear ink.  I then used the white embossing powder from Ranger for the last two stamps to create a starting point for some watercolor.
Stamps used for this video and post

Watercolors used (used Prisma colored pencils and Spectrum Noir alcohol markers as well - not pictured)

Added supplies - love these for enhancing the final product - and these Catherine Pooler inks are INCREDIBLE!!!

The first watercolor technique I did was to use the metallic paint set that I have and that I love.  It is just a cheap set that I found at my local JoAnne Fabric Store, but it works great.  Unfortunately, the footage of this on the video got lost, but you can see the paint set and the finished card in this post.  I used some Stampin' Up paper as my base for this card and used the pop up die as well as the dies that came in the stamp pack.  I also used a piece of designer paper that I got in a recent Love From Lizi mini pack that I thought matched the card perfectly.  I then added the sentiments from this perfect little set from Altenew that I stamped with the Catherine Pooler inks.  Can I just say that these inks are incredible!!!  I will do a review soon because they warrant their own video!!!  I added some Tonic Nuvo drops and the card was finished!!!
The first way - beautiful!

Pop Up!!!

For the second card, I colored the stamped set with the Spectrum Noir Aqua markers.  I did a review of those markers in the last post, if you would like more information, and I just loved them so much I had to use them again.  They do not hurt my hands to use and they provide a wonderful color payoff!  Perfect in my book!  I then used the die that came in the stamp set to cut out the flowers and attached it to a card base made from the Simon Says Stamp metallic shimmer paper.  I love this paper and I thought it was perfect for these cards!  I also used a sentiment from that Altenew stamp set, cut a tag out of the white card stock and foam mounted this onto my card.  I used my Versamark dewdrops to add color around the tag.  I just think that adds a bit of visual interest.

Second way - clean and simple - but awesome sentiment!

For the third card I decided that I would use the same flowers but color them with the Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  I made these much brighter than the previous two cards.  I then used the die to cut the flowers out as well as cut into the front of that same Simon Says Stamp shimmer card stock to create a third way to display this cute set of flowers on a card.  You can see the flowers through the front of the card which I love!  With some wink of stella to add sparkle and some Tonic Nuvo drops to the centers of the daisies to add interest, this card was almost finished.  I added the perfect sentiments from that same Altenew stamp set using the Catherine Pooler ink and this card was finished as well.  There was our third way to use this stamp set, but I wanted to make one more card!
Third way - cut out!

Perfect sentiments!!!

So, for the fourth card - the bonus card - I wanted to use the Prisma color pencils to add a little bit of fun and interest.  I used about three to four colors per flower and just loved the way that they blended and made some bright, fun flowers.  I added these to a white card base along with a kraft tag using some foam tape and some adhesive.  I put a little ribbon through the tag, added some Tonic Nuvo drops and a cute sentiment and we were almost finished.  I thought I would add the Versamark dewdrops around the entire edge of this card to give it a little bit more color and this created the fourth and final card for today's post!
Bonus card!!!

I hope you enjoyed this One Stamp Three Ways post and video and I hope that you all have a wonderful Mother's Day.  I am so appreciative of my mother and mother-in-law that I cannot wait to send these cards to them.  Be blessed - Jude  :-)
______________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
______________________________________
Links:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!
For more information on the Love from Lizi kit - click HERE!
For more information on Catherine Pooler inks - click HERE!
*Note that Stampin' Up has a new catalog coming out June 1 and it is so much fun!  If you would like one just click on the link above and add yourself to catalog list.  Fun!
______________________________________
Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment