"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Friday, February 24, 2017

Wedding & Baby Weekend!!!

I have a wedding and a baby shower/gender reveal this weekend - so excited!  Two beautiful and wonderful occasions on the same weekend - what could be better?  I wanted to make both of the cards for these events and have them be similar but different.  Different in obvious ways because of the occasions and similar in the color palette.
Wedding & Baby Weekend - Card fun!

I started with the wedding card because I knew that it would take me the longest.  I used some baby blue card stock from a recent Simon Says Stamp card kit and folded it in half and cut down the sides a bit.  I didn't want the standard A2 card size because I knew I needed a larger area.  I made sure I had a envelope in my stash that would fit (but if I didn't, I would just make one with my We R' Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board).

I then used the Stampin' Up Blooming Hearts die to cut a white heart frame and glued that down.  I cut out individual flowers with my mini flower punch in velum paper as well as the new glitter paper available from Stampin' Up in the Sale-A-Bration catalog for free!  I love that paper!  I adhered these on one-by-one and then added rhinestones to the inside of all of the velum flowers to make them stand out a bit more.
Josh & Abby Wedding

Next, I used the Concord & 9th Sophisticated Scripts in both the large and small sizes to create the names on the wedding card.  I used Navy Memento ink and stamped them onto the same white card stock with the mini Misti to make it easier to get a good impression.  I fuzzy cut those so there would be a small white outline and then adhered it to velum and fuzzy cut that as well for the small border.  It made it stand out a bit better from the blue once attached to the card with the velum.  As the final touch, I added a small heart embellishment and this card was finished!
Heart Flowers close up

For the baby card I started with the same blue card stock cut to an A2 sized card.  I then stamped the new Whimsy Stamps Noah's Ark.  I wanted to watercolor this with my Spectrum Noir Aquablend pencils so I used the Tim Holtz Distress watercolor paper.  I watercolored this in two layers so that I could add some detail and let it dry.  I then used by black and white gel pens to re-outline and to add some finishing touches.  I cut down the watercolor panel and backed it with foam tape to include it on the card base.  I also laid down a beautiful piece of patterned paper to set it apart a bit.  Finally, I used nuvo drops in a few colors to add some finishing touches to the card.  I just love the way this turned out!


Supplies for wedding and baby cards

So, those were the two cards - now I need to prepare for the fun weekend.  I don't do good away from the house because of my pain so I am anxious about that - but I am still excited to go to the events.  Hope you enjoyed the card!  Have a great day!  Jude  :-)
___________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
___________________________________
Links:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!
___________________________________
Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment