"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Friday, February 3, 2017

"Stashback Friday" - Bloomin' Hearts & Love

So, I thought of another series that I wanted to do sporadically (and, no, I'm not turning into "series girl"!!!!).  It's just that I think we all get caught up in all the new and wonderful things that come out regularly in our stamping and paper crafting community and we sometimes forget about the awesome things that we have in our stash (at least, I know that I do!!!).  Therefore, I thought I would do a series called "Stashback Friday" where I use an older kit that I have in my stash that, hopefully, many of you have as well - or, that you might have something similar.  I thought it might encourage us to "shop our stash" per se.  Now, don't get me wrong, I still love new and shiny and I love, love, love hauls and haul videos - so those will still be coming!  But, I thought this could be a nice change of pace as well.
NOTE - Please see the question/survey below if you don't mind - I appreciate it

For this first Stashback Friday I chose the Bloomin' Love stamp set and the Bloomin' Hearts thinlet set, both from Stampin' Up.  Fun fact - these two little sets are the sets that got me hooked on Stampin' Up and made me want to become a demonstrator!  Now, I'm not the demonstrator that goes and does parties and such (I can't due to my health) - but I do have the ability to have the online shop and definitely am available if anyone needs me for anything at all.

Stashback Friday - Bloomin' Love and Bloomin' Heart Cards

So, I saw this set and I knew I had to have it and then someone sent me a catalog and I was hooked!  I just fell in love with the line of products.  And, the paper, well, the paper is my absolute favorite paper of any line out there - I just love it!  Well, I made my little demonstrator order (my first order which included the Bloomin' Hearts & Love set) and got all my goodies in the mail, and then my wonderful hubby decided to set up my craft room for me.  Little did I know that I actually had tons of supplies from my years of teaching two Girl Scout troops for seven years and that I actually had been introduced to Stampin' Up about 10 years prior at a party and had some stamp sets from way back then!!!  You see, I have a really messed up memory from the strokes so I had no idea!  It was like Christmas all over again!  That's my little "Stampin' Up" story!

Be Mine

Anyway, back to these cute little cards I made.  I wanted to go back in my stash and pull these cuties out and make some quick and easy cards.  They look complicated because of this awesome die, but they are truly simple.  The great thing is there is so much more you can do with them - I just did the simple route for today.  I cut the heart die onto velum paper and onto Real Red Stampin' Up paper.  I then used Watermelon Wonder paper for one base and Whisper White paper for the other base.  I stamped the images in a variety of pink inks from Simon Says Stamp - Teeny Bikini, Hollyhock, Cotton Candy - as well as one green ink - Evergreen.  I also used a piece of gold glitter card stock and some stick on rhinestones from Studio Calico.  I finished the pieces of with various colors of Wink of Stella for some shine.  As I said, very simple but very cute!  I loved them - I hope you do too!  The great thing about this particular "Stashback Friday" is that this stamp set and die set are still available (I won't always pick one that is or even Stampin' Up products - it just happened to be the case today).  I'll have the info linked below if you are interested.

Stashback Friday Supplies

Love You

On to one other thing.  I wanted your input on something if you don't mind.  I currently have three series videos going:

  • Dogs/Rescue Series
  • 3 Cards/1 Stamp Series
  • Stashback Friday Series


I do not have set dates on these as of yet due to my health issues, but I would like to do at least two per series each month - and maybe, in the future, I can set up a set schedule and let you know about it.  If you don't like any of these series, please let me know.  Also, if you would like to see something different or new, please let me know that as well.  I will still do other videos like kit videos, holiday videos, and other types of videos always.  This is my art therapy and my happy place all in one (I think that is an amazing thing) so, unless that isn't the case anymore, I will continue to do them.  I hope you are okay with that.  I do have two other series in mind (or maybe there are too many already - thoughts????) - one is snowglobe cards (snowglobes are a true obsession of mine) and the other, of course, is a stroke series (stroke recovery, encouragement, awareness, etc.).


Let me know your thoughts on these things if you have the time?  I appreciate you ALL more than you know!  Jude  :-)
__________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
__________________________________
LINKS:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
__________________________________
SUPPLIES:
Stampin' Up Annual Catalog - click HERE!
Bloomin' Love Stamp Set & Bloomin' Heart Thinlet Set are in the Annual Catalog.
Bloomin' Love Set - 140643
Bloomin' Heart Set - 140621
10% Discount if you order both!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment