"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Monday, March 13, 2017

Chirpy Chirp Chirp!!!

Hey - I have missed you guys!  I'm sorry I have been away a bit - I have had a few health issues so just have been unable to post on here.  I have tried to keep up with my Instagram as much as possible though with a few little cards here and there - as well as with the new "The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge".  I'm sure you all know about this challenge already (I have posted about it before) and it is all over the internet that Kathy R. puts on a few times a year; it simply is to take a few moments a day to color for 30 days straight.  I really love participating and I can honestly say that it helps me with my art therapy and stroke recovery a lot.  So, if you have a moment, check out Kathy's blog and hop on over to my Instagram to see some of the things I have colored as well.

Now on to the fun little post for today!  I made two sweet little Easter cards with an older Lawn Fawn set that I absolutely love.  My favorite thing about this set is the sentiments!  I use the sentiments for other cards as well, especially the "translation" word - you can take any two sentiments and throw them together with that one little word!  I love it!
Chirpy Chirp Chirp - Happy Easter!!!!

So, today I wanted to do some ink blending.  I don't do ink blending a lot because it hurts my hands and arms a lot.  But, I wanted to push myself and try it again and, I have some new tools that are coming in and I want to be able to gauge them when I use them against how the regular ink blending works to see if they are actually helping me as I think that they will.  I started with a few colors of distress ink to create a subtle and pretty background.  I didn't use watercolor paper because I didn't want to do the water spots this time.  Once I completed the blending I had to stop for the night because I couldn't move my hands!  Grrrrr!!!!  Hopefully when I try the new tools next week it is a different story!
Translation:  Happy Easter!!!

Next, I colored the images that I had stamped with the Memento Tuxedo black ink with the Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  I then cut those out with the coordinating dies and also used Lawn Fawn dies in the hillside border, grass, and cross stitched rectangle to cut the ink blended panels.  I was now ready to start putting things together for my scene.
Translation:  You're a Cool Chick!!!

I created two card bases out of Simon Says Stamp card stock that I had received in recent card kits.  I also used some patterned paper that I had in my stash to create some interest in the background.  I attached all of these items with Stampin' Up Snail tape runner and liquid glue.  I also used the Stampin' Up thin strip foam tape for the bottom pieces to add dimension (I love those strips!!!!!!).  I then added the various stamped images to the two cards as well as some Wink of Stella and some Glossy Accents.  Finally, I stamped the sentiments that I wanted for each card and "boom" we were finished!!!!  I loved these two cards - so beautiful!!!!!
Supplies for Chirpy Chirp Chirp Cards

Hope you enjoyed and thanks so much for always being so wonderful.  I appreciate your kind comments on the About Me video I posted recently and I so loved all of your responses about YOU!!!!  Fun!

Have an awesome day!  Jude  :-)
_____________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!

_____________________________________
Links:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!
_____________________________________
Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment