"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Friday, February 10, 2017

Colored Pencil on Natural Cardstock - Featuring Unity Stamp Co KOM

I love the technique of coloring on kraft card stock.  I think it is beautiful!  I haven't done it a lot so I wanted to try that technique on various colors of the natural card stock - kraft, dark kraft, gray, soft gray, and a green/kraft.  These papers were in a Neenah card pack and were the start of where I wanted to go with these cards.  I also had the January Unity Stamp Co. card kit that had some awesome images on it and thought they would be absolutely perfect for this technique.

Colored Pencil on Natural Cardstock - featuring Unity Stamp Co KOM


I stamped the stamps in either white pigment ink or memento tuxedo black ink using the MISTI tool.  I then used the Prisma colored pencils and colored them in.  I didn't use gamsol this time as I felt they blended really well and I didn't need it on this card stock.  After all the images were colored in I decided to just use some simple decorations with these cards.  I didn't want to add any patterned paper, glitter paper, dimension, embossing or anything like that.  I just wanted them to be plain and simple this time.  Maybe that was because I was having a bad week and I didn't feel like doing it - or maybe I just liked the simplicity on this one!!!  I have no idea which one!!!!

Everything's Coming Up Roses

Make a Wish


I added ribbon, nuvo drops, rhinestones and line stickers that I had left over from the Love from Lizi kits.  Once I did that, these cards were complete!  See, simple!

Heart Alive

Happy Everything
Beautiful When You Smile

I would love to see your creations of colored pencil on kraft or neutral card stock - I know that they will be incredible.  Tag me in your pictures so I can see them on social media.  Have an awesome day!  Jude  :-)
__________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
__________________________________
LINKS:
Unity Card Kit Kit of the Month Club - Click HERE!

For more information on the Love from Lizi kit - click HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment