"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Friday, February 17, 2017

Stashback Friday 2 - Thoughtful Branches

I know that I said the Stashback Friday series would not always include Stampin' Up products, but I had to go ahead and do another Stampin' Up set for this one because I have wanted to use this set for so long and just have never got around to it!  I love, love, love this set because of it's versatility.  Come to think of it, there are a lot of Stampin' Up sets like that - and a lot of other companies are doing that too - and I think those are my favorite kinds of stamp sets and dies to buy.  When you can do so much right out of the gate, I just love it!!!!

Stashback Friday 2 - Using items in your "stash"!!!

So, this is the Thoughtful Branches thinlets and stamp set.  It makes trees, hydrangeas, birds, and other types of flowers - and I have even seen some people make this little set into animals and into pumpkins!  I love that!!!!  I have had it for a while, as I mentioned, but I just haven't had a chance to use it.  That is why I created "Stashback Friday" in the first place - to make myself use items in my stash - whether I have used them before or not - to remember that I have awesome stuff already that I can go to or go back to.


For today's little set of cards I used some Simon Says Stamp paper as the bases in varying colors.  I then die cut varying pieces and even cut one of the pieces in some glitter card stock I got from Ellen Hutson.  On the first card I started with some teal blue card stock and cut out the tree in a light brown.  I then stamped the grass with Avery Elle Celery and the sentiment with Avery Elle Sapphire.  I used Sapphire and Aquamarine to stamp the birds, mixing them for an ombre effect, and then cut them out and added them to the tree.  Finally, I ran the Sapphire ink around the outside in sort of smudging technique.

Thoughtful Branch with Birds

For the next card, I wanted the card to be totally different to show how the stamp set was so versatile.  I used plain white card stock as well as a piece of the blue from above so that a hint of blue would show through.  I stamped the tree trunks in Avery Elle Truffle ink and then cut out the inside and a border with the Lawn Fawn cross stitch rectangle dies.  I then added them back with glue and foam tape and used the Snow Pen for a snow effect on the card.  Totally different from the first card!


Winter Scene with Snow

On the third card I used another white card base and cut out the piece that can be used for the hydrangea flower or the tree leaves (depending on how you use it).  I cut out two pieces of hot pink card stock and one piece in glitter card stock.  I then stamped on top in Avery Elle Cherry ink to give it a bit of dimension.  I also cut out the leaves in green card stock.  After attaching it all to the cards, I smudged the Celery ink around the sides like I did with the first card and then I added Apple Green Nuvo drops in clusters of three for an added effect.

Beautiful Layered Die Hydrangea

For the third card I wanted to do another type of fold that I have seen but never tried.  This is where you fold the card into the middle and then stamp over that so that the card opens on both sides.  I really like the way this card turned out.  After folding the card, I stamped the tree trunk in the Truffle ink and the leaves in the Celery ink.  I then added the grass with Celery and the sentiment with Sapphire ink.  I added the Nuvo drops in Apple Green and Woodland Green to the leaves to make them pop.  I then used the Sapphire ink to smudge around the top of the card and the Celery ink to smudge around the bottom of the card.

Appreciation Tree

On the final card, I used the little branches in the set and stamped those as well as some leaves in the Celery ink.  I then added the small flowers that are included for another look with Avery Elle Vino and Avery Elle Sugar Plum ink.  I also stamped the sentiment in the Sugar Plum ink.  I then did the three dot technique with the Nuvo drops in Purple Rain and added the Violet Galaxy glitter Nuvo drops in tiny little drops to the flowers.  It gave a totally different look that I love.

Beautiful Purple Flowers

Thanks so much for being here and sharing in the art therapy journey with me.  I also must apologize for the lack of videos the past two weeks - I hurt my arm (which, as you know, I already have difficulties with my hands and arms from the strokes, and I haven't been able to craft as much due to pain and shaking).  I do want to let you know though that, when I can't get a video up, I do try to get some type of card making or crafting done and post that on my Instagram pages if you follow me there.

Supplies for Stashback Friday 2 - Thoughtful Branches

Again, thanks and have an awesome weekend!  Jude  :-)
_________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
_________________________________
LINKS:


Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
_________________________________
Supplies:



No comments:

Post a Comment