"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

I'm BACK!!!! Card Saying How I Feel!!!

I'm back finally!  Yay!  At least it's a yay for me!!!  Haha  I wanted to first say thank you to all of you for your well wishes and your wonderful kind words to me.  You are all so sweet and such incredible souls - I appreciate each and every one of you.  Additionally, thank you so much for your patience while I had this little break with my complications from my disabilities as well as being in the hospital and my recovery.  You guys have been absolutely incredible.  Sending you so much love.
A double cafe mocha vodka valium latte to go please!!!!!

For my first card back, I felt I needed to do a card reflecting how I've been feeling!  So, I went to my stash for this Art Impressions Giraffe Card that I absolutely love!!!  It reflects exactly how I've been feeling after being in the hospital and being in bed all week and also how I feel getting back in the craft room (I was seriously all thumbs!!!).  Maybe it reflects how some of you feel today too - it's seriously too cute!!!!
Watercolor giraffe with distressed edges

I started with the stamp set and my new Stamp Perfect from Hampton Arts and stamped it with Memento Tuxedo black in on Tim Holtz Distress watercolor paper and on Spectrum Noir alcohol ink paper.  I wanted to do two separate cards for my first time back in the craft room with two different mediums.  For the watercolor card I used my Spectrum Noir Aquablend pencils in Essentials and Natural and my waterbrush to blend the colors.  Once those dried slightly I went over that with the same colors to add some brush strokes to give it a darker color and some texture to this awesome mixed up giraffe!
Watercolor giraffe supplies - Spectrum Noir Aquablend

For the other card I used the Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink markers and blended those colors together to get a fun blend.  I can honestly say that my hands were very shaky and I was not comfortable with either medium for my first time back.  But, that is okay, that is what we are doing - art therapy to get better and enjoy each moment - so all is good.
Alcohol Marker Giraffe with Wonky Paper

When each of the card panels dried, I added them to card bases I cut from some paper I received from Simon Says Stamp in recent card kits.  I used some pattern paper I had laying around (sorry I don't know exactly where it was from) and I also distressed the watercolor paper with the Tim Holtz paper distresser tool.  I love that thing!!!!  I then added some Pretty Pink Posh crystal drops (probably a bit too many) and the cards were finished!  Now I need a "double cafe mocha vodka valium latte to go please"!!!!  How about you????!!!!
Alcohol Marker Giraffe Supplies - Spectrum Noir Markers

Thanks so much for joining me on this art therapy journey and I appreciate every single one of you.  Have an awesome day!  Jude  :-)
____________________________________
Links:

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
____________________________________
Supplies:

Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!
____________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment