"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Friday, April 14, 2017

Hey Chickie!

Hey guys!  I'm doing a little distress ink blending with the new ink blenders I got in my last haul.  I love these because they make a lighter blend and they also are a bit easier on my hands than the regular ink blenders.  I did two different backgrounds - one was a bit of an ombre and the other was supposed to be like a sunshine and then some grass (but in the end, I made a landscape card and thus negated the "grass" effect!!!).  Oh well, it still turned out super cute!
Two New Easter Cards!!!

So, for both of the ink blended backgrounds I used Tim Holtz Distress watercolor paper and Tim Holtz Distress mini ink cubes along with the mini ink blenders.  I used Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Festive Berries and Mowed Lawn in the mini distress inks.  I then used the Distress Ink Sprayer to give a little bit of a watered down effect.  I left these to dry overnight.
Some Bunny Loves You!!!

For the card bases, I used card stock that I have from my Stampin' Up stash and cut it in half to make a top folding and side folding card (it was meant to be both top folding - oops!!!).  For the inside of the gray card stock I created a white piece so that it would be easier to write some text to the recipient.  I cut this piece, as well as the two watercolor panel pieces, with the MFT Blueprints 24 die to create a nice stitched edge.  I love that set and it is probably my most used die set!!!
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers used on both cards

For the Bunny card, I had also used the dark Festive Berries color and the Simon Says Stamp falling hearts stencil to create some hearts on the background.  The sentiment says "Some Bunny Loves You" so I felt this was perfect.  I colored in the bunny and the egg with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers and created just a little bit of shading.  I then fuzzy cut the items and adhered them with foam tape and the card was finished!  Love it!!!!
Hey Chickie!!!

On the Chickie card, I created a white picket fence with an old die that I have (I will link some fence dies below that you can use in it's place) and then I created some grass with a scrap of green card stock and my grass die.  I adhered all of these with my Snail from Stampin' Up (my favorite!!!!) and then I added the Chickie that I had colored with the Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers and the little egg with foam tape to give it a bit of dimension.  Finally, I added the sentiment with some Avery Elle Fizz orange ink to give it a little bit of pop!  I loved the final product (with the exception of the card being the wrong layout!!!!).
Supplies used for both cards.

Hope you enjoyed these cards and I hope to see you back soon.  You have an awesome day and an incredible Easter!  Jude  :-)
___________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
___________________________________
LINKS:
Link to the brushes used for blending from Pegs Stamps - click HERE!
Stampin'Up - if you are interested in anything from Stampin'Up - click HERE!!
To order the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit - click HERE!
___________________________________
SUPPLIES:


No comments:

Post a Comment