"Hey Jude ... take a sad song & make it better!" - the Beatles

My goal is to turn my disabilities around to abilities using art therapy as a means of stroke rehabilitation on my hands & arms. I want to also use cards to spread kindness, show different fun card techniques, bring awareness to issues that are important to me, and to just spread joy in general!

Friday, September 1, 2017

Stashback Friday - Six - Whimsy Stamps

It's Stashback Friday time again!  That is when we use something from our stash instead of something new!  I love that because it forces me to either use something again or use something that I forgot that I had!  In this case it is something from April 2016 (wow!!!!!) and I am so glad that I found it in my stash because it is perfect for what I needed.  It is a little card kit from Whimsy Stamps and has the most adorable animals and is baby themed.  It came with some dies, ribbons, paper, stamp set, patterned paper, and more.  I totally loved it!

I started by stamping the animals in Momento Tuxedo Black ink and then coloring them with the Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.  I then made card bases with the paper in the kit or with paper that I had from other card kits from Simon Says Stamp.  I needed three baby cards and one of them needed to be for a set of twins so I decided to make five cards and have the other two be generic cute cards that I could use for any occasion.

For the first card I made a banner die cut for the top of the card and then added a sentiment from the stamp set included in the kit.  I then added the bunny to a circle punch and lifted it up with some foam dots.  I added some wink of stella to the heart that the bunny was holding and then added some stars that matched the banner to tie it all together!  Cute!

On the second card I wanted to make it all black and silver because I thought it would make the panda bear stand out better.  So, I cut out a polaroid die from some silver card stock and then added that along with the panda bear to a black piece of card stock folded into a side fold card.  I white heat embossed a sentiment from the MFT Welcome Baby stamp set.  I totally love that stamp set for all sentiments related to babies!  Finally, I added some silver rhinestones and the card was ready to go!

Next, I needed to make the twin card so I attached the two giraffes to a top folding cream card base.  I used some heart shaped wood pieces I received in a previous Love from Lizi card kit and colored those with my Spectrum Noir markers - one pink and one blue!  I added black strings to those and attached them to the giraffes so they would be holding their balloons.  I then added a pink bow to one of the giraffes ears so that one of the babies would be a girl and one would be a boy (the recipient is having a boy and girl set of twins!!!).  Finally, I added a sentiment from that same MFT set to a strip of card stock and distressed the sides with the Memento dew drop in gold and attached it with foam tape.  I loved how this card turned out!

For the final two cards I wanted them to be generic cards and plain and simple.  I made one into a shaker and the other with a simple border.  I used the same sentiment from the MFT Geometric Greenery stamp set because I totally love the sentiments from this stamp set.  I love sending cards with these sentiments on them.  I added some sequins from a Concord & 9th birthday sequin mix that I had for the shaker card and the same silver rhinestones to both of the outsides of the cards for that final touch and these were ready to go!


I love how these cards turned out and I love that I used something from my stash!  Have you found something in your stash recently that you haven't used or wanted to use again?  Let me know!  Have an awesome day!  Jude  :-)
________________________________

Social Media Links: (Please visit me for more fun art therapy!)
YouTube - Click HERE!
Hey Jude Cards Instagram - Click HERE!
Jude U Personal Instagram - Click HERE!
Snapchat Username - judeunnone
See you there!  Thanks!
________________________________
Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment